What Are the Builders Used For?
One of the main features of the X and Pro themes is the ability to create different parts of the website using the builders without the need to have any coding knowledge. The builders are the tools to create the pages of the website using a drag and drop editor which consists of different elements.
There are Global Settings available in the builders which affect the whole website and not individual pages. We are going to discuss the builder types and settings in this article.
There are three kinds of builders are available which vary depending on which theme you use:
- Content Builder: This builder is used to create the main content of the pages. The X theme has the Cornerstone and the Pro theme has the Content Builder which is responsible for the content creation of the page. Go to WordPress Dashboard > X > Cornerstone or WordPress Dashboard > Pro > Content to access the content builder.
- Header Builder: This builder is used to create the header of the website and it is available only in the Pro theme. Go to WordPress Dashboard > Pro > Headers to access the header builder.
- Footer Builder: This builder is used to create the footer of the website and it is available only in the Pro theme. Go to WordPress Dashboard > Pro > Footers to access the footer builder.
How to Access Global Settings
To access the settings of the builders in the X and Pro themes go to WordPress > X/Pro > Settings. The settings available are as follows:
- Custom Path: Use this option to set the URL path parent portion when accessing the builder interface. The default path is x in the Cornerstone in the X theme and the default path for the Content Builder of the Pro theme is pro.
- Hide Access Path: If enabled, the logged out visitors will encounter the 404 not found page instead of being redirected to the login screen.
- Show Legacy Shortcode Generator: The legacy shortcode generator is the old way of adding the shortcodes using the standard WordPress editor by adding a new button to the editor. This method is deprecated and the new set of the elements are not using the shortcodes and this method will not work for them.
- Permissions: The permissions section is a dedicated set of controls which allows you to hide or show the Cornerstone or Content Builder for different user roles and post types. Click here for more detailed information about this feature.
- System - Clear Style Cache: For quicker page load time, Elements of the builders will remember the CSS generated when they were last saved. This is automatically cleared when Cornerstone or Content Builder is updated. It may be useful to clear manually if any Elements are missing styling.
Besides the global settings, there are other options that you can use to set options sitewide for the builders.
You can use the Color Manager in the X and Pro themes to set unlimited colors which you will be able to use throughout the builders on the website. To access the color manager go to X/Pro > Theme Options and click the cog icon at the lower left corner of the screen to open up the settings dialog. There you will be able to see the Colors tab which is the color manager screen:
There you can add new colors or edit the existing colors and save them to use later throughout the website builders. Click here for more information about the Color Manager.
You can use the Font Manager in the X and Pro themes to set unlimited fonts which you will be able to use throughout the builders on the website. To access the font manager go to X/Pro > Theme Options and click the cog icon at the lower left corner of the screen to open up the settings dialog. There you will be able to see the Fonts tab which is the font manager screen:
There you can add new fonts and save them for later use throughout the website builders or the Theme Options. Click here for more information about the Font Manager which will allow you to use System Fonts, Google Fonts, Adobe Fonts, and Custom Fonts.
The Templates are the ultimate solution to reuse already created content using the builders. You can access the Template Manager by going to WordPress Dashboard > X/Pro > Templates. There you will have a list of already created content, header and footer template.
Click here for more information about the templates and how you can create one.
The Global Blocks are used to have a one place control over the content that you create. You can add a global block which will use the same graphical user interface of the builder, and then you can use that global blocks throughout the website using the Global Block Element or the generated shortcode. Whenever it comes the time to edit or change the block, you can do the change from one place and the change will be broadcast to all the instances that you use on the website.
Go to WordPress Dashboard > X/Pro > Global Blocks to access the global blocks controls. Click here for more in-depth break down of the Global Blocks feature.
We've discussed the global settings available in the X and Pro themes builders which have a sitewide effect. We have also learned about the settings, Color Manager, Font Manager, Template Manager, and Global Blocks and linked to their respective articles for further reading.
See something inaccurate? Let us know