What is Design Cloud
X and Pro include professionally designed, ready-to-use templates. Both X and Pro users can take advantage of this feature, however there are different assets available based on the product you are using. X includes Sites (multi-page websites), Content Templates (sections or full pages), and Preset Templates (styles for your Elements). Pro includes all of that plus Header and Footer Templates. Browse the Design Cloud library.
In X 10 and Pro 6 this has moved to the templates tab and in the "Create New" button.
Through the "Create New" button. This will also create a new document based on the type you have selected. A site install will install sample pages, posts, and images.
How It Works
Our team of designers create beautiful, premium templates which are added to Design Cloud and show up automagically. You can access, preview, and install the assets by going to X / Pro → Design Cloud within your WordPress dashboard.
In order to get access to Design Cloud you will need to ensure the following steps are taken:
- You'll need the latest version of X / Pro installed. Learn how to update your theme.
- Your theme must be validated. Learn how to validate your theme.
- X users will need the latest version of Cornerstone plugin. Go to X → Plugins and if an update is available, click on the update link below the Cornerstone plugin. If an update is not available, then you have already the latest version.
- Finally, you need to make sure that you have at least 512 MB of PHP memory in your hosting service. Learn how to increase PHP memory limits.
How to Install an Asset
It is important to note that while the import of a Site asset will not overwrite or alter any of your posts, pages, or portfolio items, your Theme Options will be altered. This is necessary so that we can setup your installation similar to the demo of your choice. If you already have your website setup but are still curious to try out a new Sites demo, please make sure that you first backup your Theme Options by going to the X / Pro → Validation menu within Theme Options and clicking Export:
To install a Design Cloud asset you need to go to the X / Pro → Design Cloud section.
Once the Design Cloud panel has launched, you can browse through a collection of Sites, Presets, Content assets. If you're using Pro you'll have additional access to Header, Footer, and Layout assets.
The install process will be triggered by clicking the Install button underneath the thumbmnail which will make the asset available. If you're trying to import a Site asset a modal will pop up which alerts you about the Theme Options overwrite. If the demo containers sliders, it will ask you to install and activate Revolution Slider which can be done under X / Pro → Validation → Extensions. Learn more using about using Revolution Slider with X and Pro.
The install process may take a while depending on the speed of your hosting. When the import process finishes, you'll notice that the Install button has turned green.
You may encounter a Failed to install "Name of Asset" message which shows that there is a problem importing the data. Below is the list of possible causes and how to troubleshoot them:
- Old Versions of X, Pro, or Cornerstone: make sure that you update the theme to the latest version and that you have the latest version of the Cornerstone plugin (if using X).
- PHP Memory Limit: to increase the PHP memory limit you may need to contact your hosting service provider. More info here on changing this limit.
- PHP Execution Time Limit: if the hosting is slow, it may take time to import the demo and it might go beyond the limit set by the server. Contact your hosting service provider and ask them to increase the PHP Execution Time to 300 seconds.
- Installing the Asset Again: another potential issue is that if you delete a Site asset (and import the same asset again) it will not import the deleted pages, posts, or images. Both X and Pro remember what has been imported and won't reimport the same thing twice. If you have delete something, it will be assumed that you don't want it. However, there is a way to purge this cache and allow the importer to run fresh again. Just add
&clean-cacheto your URL. In doing this, you may run into duplicate items if you did not delete them previously.
- Other Reasons: there are other factors that might cause a problem which is specific to your hosting and the environment you are using, so if you still have the problems after trying the troubleshooting steps above we suggest that you open up a support thread and our support staff will be there to help you out. Learn how to get support.
We have now explained what Design Cloud is, the different design assets that are available, how to install them, and troubleshooting steps should you run into an issue. We hope this library helps you build better, more beautiful websites!
See something inaccurate? Let us know