Common Features of X and Pro
- Stacks. There are four Stacks to choose from - Integrity, Renew, Icon and Ethos, and they allow you to choose from multiple, completely unique designs with just the click of a mouse. Each Stack has its own unique styling which gives you a great starting point for your website.
- Theme Options. A global 'Theme Options' panel allows you to customize the look and feel of your website. Here you'll find options that allow you set site-wide choices for things like typography and buttons. You can also make changes to the appearance of your blog and portfolio, amongst other things.
- Portfolios. Create multiple unique portfolio pages so you can be creative with your creatives.
- One-Page Navigation. You can easily activate one-page navigation on any page throughout your site with the selection of one simple option in the admin area. Doing this, you can create anything from simple, streamlined homepages to unique and engaging informational or product pages (and everything else in between).
- Page Builder. Our simple drag and drop interface gives you unprecedented control over the design of your pages and posts. Simply point and click and the page builder will take care of the rest. X uses Cornerstone (which is also available as a standalone plugin for use with other themes) and in Pro, you have access to the Header, Content, and Footer Builders. Note: In Pro, you do not need to install Cornerstone as the Content Builder is native to the theme and provides the same functionality.
- Color / Font / Template Manager. Manage site-wide typography, color palettes, or create and store reusable content templates to use in different places on the website.
- Global Blocks. This is an awesome feature that you'll absolutely love! With Global Blocks you can create specific blocks of content that are repeated throughout your website but managed in one place. Any changes you need to make in the future, simply go back to the one loaction and all edits are pushed out to every instance throughout your site.
- Design Cloud. Looking for a design library with hundreds of professionally designed assets? Design Cloud is for you! X users have access to Site, Content, and Preset Templates. Pro users have access to Site, Header, Content, Footer, and Preset Templates. From individual Element styles to complete websites, this growing library of assets will help you get up and running right away! Browse the entire library.
The Main Difference
When all is said and done, the main difference is that Pro includes a native family of interconnected Header, Content, and Footer Builders whereas in X you have access to the Content Builder. In X, this builder is called Cornerstone which must be installed as a separate plugin.
Note: There is a standalone version of Cornerstone that can be purchased for use with other themes. If you purchase X, Cornerstone is included.
In addition to Pro's family of builders, there is an exciting and exclusive Grid Element that allows you to build highly complex layouts powered by the CSS Grid Spec. Our Grid Series on YouTube takes you through everything from beginner to advanced uses of this cutting edge tool.
Who Should Use X
X is a great choice for designers, content builders or developers that prefer to have more stylized choices built-in that provide a starting point in order to get a website built quickly. X includes pre-designed headers and footers for you to choose from and has a complete range of premium design assets that can be imported at the click of a button from Design Cloud.
Whether you start from scratch or use the array of pre-configured content we provide, X can also be extended easily with a little custom coding for more adventurous types, making it an good choice for novices and professionals alike. With X, anyone can have a great looking website with minimal effort.
Who Should Use Pro
While both beginners and advanced users can use Pro (hey, we all have to start somewhere), it is especially helpful for professionals or those who want maximum control over all options.
Unique to Pro is our native Header and Footer Builders which give you the ability to create completely custom headers and footers. And you're not limited to one - you can create multiple headers and footers and then assign them to different pages of your website - ideal for creating landing pages, one-off looks, and engaging funnels.
With the amount of control Pro provides, you'll have the freedom to create anything you can dream up. You truly are only limited by your imagination. And just like with X, you can import premium content from Design Cloud, add your own custom code through live editors, and much much more. Pro is the ultimate website builder for professional websites!
Now that you know the differences between X and Pro, you can make an informed choice over which theme will serve your needs best. Whether you want the simplicity and range of pre-styled choices that come with X or the granular control that you get with Pro, you're going to have great fun building your next website with Themeco!
See something inaccurate? Let us know