Common Features of X and Pro
X and Pro share a number of features. Here are a few key areas where they are the same:
- Stacks. These allow you to choose from multiple, completely unique designs with just the click of a mouse. There are four Stacks to choose from - Integrity, Renew, Icon and Ethos. Each stack has its own unique styling, which gives you a great starting point for your website. We'll go into more detail on this here.
- Theme Options. Both X and Pro provide a global 'Theme Options' panel that allows you to customize the look and feel of your website. Here you'll find options that allow you set global choices for things like typography and buttons. You can also make changes to the appearance of your blog and portfolio, amongst other things.
- Portfolios. Both easy and flexible, X and Pro come with the option to have multiple unique portfolio pages so you can be creative with your creatives. For more information see here.
- One-Page Navigation. X and Pro both allow you to easily activate one-page navigation on any page throughout your site with the selection of one simple option in the admin area. Doing this, you can create anything from simple, streamlined homepages to unique and engaging informational or product pages and everything else in between. You can learn more about that here.
- Page Builder. X and Pro both provide a simple drag and drop interface that gives you unprecedented control over the design of your pages and posts. Simply point and click, the page builder will take care of the rest. X uses Cornerstone (which is also available as a standalone plugin for use with other themes) and in Pro, you get the Content Builder.
- Color / Font / Template Manager. Both X and Pro have management tools to be able to determine site-wide typography, create a color palette or create and store reusable content templates to use in different places on the website.
- Global Blocks. This is an awesome feature that you'll get in both in X and Pro, that allows you to create specific blocks of content that are repeated throughout your website, that you control from one place and then any changes you make are reflected in all instances across your website.
- Design Cloud. From both X and Pro you can access our Design Cloud, which gives you a ton of premium design assets, ready to download and use in your website. From premium headers to complete site designs, it's a growing arsenal of templates that you'll love to have at your disposal. Find out more about Design Cloud here.
Who Should Use X
X is a great choice for designers, content builders or developers that prefer to have more stylized choices in-built that provide a starting point in order to get a website built in quick time. X includes pre-designed headers and footers for you to choose from and has a complete range of premium design assets that can be imported at the click of a button from Design Cloud.
Whether you start from scratch or use the array of pre-configured content we provide, X can also be extended easily with a little custom coding for more adventurous types, making it an ideal choice for novices and professionals alike.
With X, anyone can have a great looking website with minimal effort.
Who Should Use Pro
Pro is a feature-rich theme that gives you granular control over nearly every aspect of your website using a complete range of settings and builders, without any coding needed whatsoever.
Unique to Pro is our Header and Footer Builders, which give you the ability to create completely unique headers and builders for your website. And you're not limited to one - you can create multiple headers and footers and then assign them to different pages of your website - ideal for creating landing pages, one-off looks and much more.
With the amount of control Pro provides, you'll have the freedom to create anything you can dream up. You truly are only limited by your imagination. And just like X, you can import premium content from Design Cloud, and you can add your own custom code too, should you want to.
Pro is the ultimate website building tool for creative professionals.
Now that you know the differences between X and Pro, you can make an informed choice over which theme will serve your needs best. Whether you want the simplicity and range of pre-styled choices that come with X, or the deep granular control that you get with Pro, you're going to have great fun building your next website.
See something inaccurate? Let us know