Not Saving Options
If you are experiencing a case where you're changing the X/Pro > Theme Options in X or Pro, but the changes do not save, this might be caused by reasons below:
- Third Party Plugin Conflict: Third-party plugins may cause incompatibilities and as a result of failing to save the changes in the theme options. To make sure that the third party plugins are not responsible for the problem, disable all of them and test the case. If you are using the X theme keep the Cornerstone plugin activated.
- Cache Problem: If you have a cache plugin, make sure that you purge the cache and deactivate the cache plugin and check the case, in some cases the hosting service providers also have their internal cache system. In such cases, contact the hosting service provider and ask them to purge the cache.
Not Working or Showing a White Screen
If you are experiencing a white screen or preview problems in the theme options in the X or Pro themes follow the steps below:
- Update the Theme: Make sure that the X or Pro themes are updated and you use the latest version. Click here for more information on how to update our products.
- Update Cornerstone: If you are using the X theme, make sure that the Cornerstone plugin is updated to the latest version.
- mod_security: If you are getting 403, 500 or 503 errors it might be caused by the settings that you have on your server. Contact your hosting service provider and ask them to exclude the mod_security rules from the domain of your website.
- Increase PHP Memory Limit: Contact your hosting service provider and ask them to increase the PHP memory limit to at least 512M. Alternatively, you can do it yourself following the steps mentioned here.
- Preview Errors: If you are experiencing errors in the preview section of the theme options, but you can save the changes, follow the steps mentioned here.
We discussed different troubleshooting methods to fix the errors of not saving the theme options in the X and Pro themes and few other methods if you see a white screen or preview error when accessing the theme options. If you experience errors in the Theme Options and the troubleshooting steps above do not help, reach out to our support team, who will be happy to assist you further.
See something inaccurate? Let us know