This article was last updated on the July 19, 2017.
Extensions are X and Pro specific plugins available for download for all customers with a validated purchase of X and Pro. You can easily download and manage all of your Extensions directly from the WordPress admin area under X or Pro depending on the theme installed. This article covers documentation for the Under Construction Extension and goes into detail on certain features where needed.
Enabling the Extension
After installing and activating Under Construction, you'll find its settings page underneath the Settings menu.
From the main Under Construction settings screen you can choose to disable or enable the plugin as needed:
Selecting the enable checkbox will bring up the Settings meta box below. This is where you will adjust any options for the plugin and input your data as needed.
What Under Construction Does
The Under Construction page allows you to put up a temporary page that shows to your visitors when they go to your website, this allows you to work on your wesbite and make changes without your website looking half done. You can see some examples of what's possible with Under Construction on our Demo website for the plugin.
Setting Up Under Construction
The first option you'll see is a checkbox for if you wish to use a custom Under Construction page. This is perfect for if you'd like to design a custom page in Cornerstone to show to your visitors while your page is Under Construction. Otherwise you can configure the other settings for the plugin to use it's own page. If you check the option to use a custom Under Construction page. You'll see a dropdown to select the page you want for your visitors to see when Under Construction is enabled.
By opting to use a custom Under Construction page, this will also hide the majority of the other plugin settings as they'd no longer be applicable.
The next options all relate to Settings and only display if you have opted not to use a custom Under Construction page. The options are:
- Heading - The heading for your Under Construction page.
- Subheading - The subheading for your Under Construction page.
- Extra Text - Text which will display under the subheading on your Under Construction page. HTML isn't allowed. Shortcodes are allowed, so you could for example use a Gravity Form shortcode.
- Completed By - A date picker for when your website will be completed and a visitor can see the full site. Will display a countdown on your website when Under Construction is enabled.
- Background Image - Set a custom background for your Under Construction page.
- Logo Image - Set a custom logo for your Under Construction page.
- Background - Color picker to set a custom background color for your Under Construction page.
- Headings - Color picker to set a custom heading color for your Under Construction page.
- Subheading - Color picker to set a custom subheading color for your Under Construction page.
- Completed By - Color picker to set a custom color for your countdown text for your Under Construction page.
- Social Profile Links - Color picker to set custom colors for your social profile links for your Under Construction page.
The next option is for White List Settings.
This option allows you to enter multiple IP's separated by spaces that will be able to visit your website normally. Rather than seeing the Under Construction page. Perfect for if you want to share your in progress website with someone without giving them an admin login.
The next options are all for Social media settings.
This allows you to set your social media profile links to display on your Under Construction page, the current list of social media options include:
- Google Plus Profile
- Linkedin Profile
- XING Profile
- Foursquare Proflile
- Youtube Profile
- Vimeo Profile
- Instagram Profile
- Pinterest Profile
- Dribble Profile
- Flickr Profile
- Github Profile
- Behance Profile
- Tumblr Profile
- Whatsapp Profile
- SoundCloud Profile
- RSS Profile
Once you're happy with all your settings go ahead and click on Update to save your settings. Then if you visit the front-end of your website (logged out) you should see your new Under Construction page like this:
Congrats! You've now successfully setup Under Construction.