This release of X includes improved baseline styling for various elements. While all elements reside within Cornerstone, X users receive an added performance boost by having shortcode styles bundled into their minified CSS files rather than having them enqueued as a separate stylesheet. Because of this, it is important to ensure that both X and Cornerstone are updated to their latest versions so that they are in sync.
The Block Grid element is one example of an item that received more streamlined styling. Previously, the Block Grid relied on negative margins to space out child elements properly. While this worked, this would occasionally result in minor issues such as making some content immediately before the list unclickable due to these negative margins, et cetera. These have been removed and the Block Grid child elements now function more similarly to our standard Columns, ensuring they do not interfere with anything else on the page.
On top of these baseline improvements, we have included many new controls to various shortcodes when used in Cornerstone, making our Elements more flexible. Make sure to check out the Cornerstone release notes for more information on that!
With this release of Cornerstone we have introduced some new styling options to various elements as well as including a round of bugfixes to the builder itself. As for the new styling controls, below is a list including all new parameters for each element:
- Icon – new options include Icon Color, Background Color, Icon Size, Background Size (i.e. height, width, and line height), and Background Border Radius. These controls are intended to be utilized when needing an icon similar to the styling of a Feature Box but in new situations or different groupings of content.
- Icon List Item – new options include Icon Color and a Link toggle, which will allow you to wrap the entire text of an Icon List Item in an anchor element (this does not include the icon).
- Custom Headline – new options include Text Color.
- Feature Headline – new options include Text Color, Icon Color and Icon Background Color.
- Card – new options include a Back Button toggle, which will allow you to optionally include the button on the back of the Card.
- Line – new options include a Color and Height.
- Creative CTA – new options include an Open Link in New Window toggle.
Additionally, we have included a fix for an issue where some elements (notably images) were disappearing when they didn\'t have content assigned. Normally you would see a "placeholder" box with the icon to indicate the element was empty, but Cornerstone was failing to detect those empty elements. This has been remedied in this latest version of Cornerstone.
Update: Cornerstone v1.1.3
If your site is running PHP v5.4 or older, you may have experienced a fatal error on pages using the Icon element.
Be advised that PHP v5.4 is end of life. This means that the PHP developers no longer support it, and it is a potential security risk.
As does WordPress, we strongly recommend that you use supported versions of PHP (v5.5, v5.6, and v7) as this will keep your site the most stable and secure.
- Cornerstone 1.1.3 - February 10, 2016
- Bugfix: Addressed conflict with end of life PHP versions.
- X 4.3.4 - February 10, 2016
- Updated: Minor baseline styling improvements for various elements.
- Cornerstone 1.1.2 - February 10, 2016
- Updated: New element styling options.
- Bugfix: Element "placeholder" boxes disappearing with no assigned content.