We wanted to take a minute to update you all about the latest release of X. Since our last notice went out, it has come to our attention that there have been some issues upgrading the theme.
All ThemeForest users can find the latest release of the theme available for download on ThemeForest. Unfortunately, there appears to have been an error in processing our latest batch of uploaded files as our single installable version of the theme did not make it up to the server. The packaged version of the theme with all files (documentation, demo content, et cetera) was updated while the single installable version of the theme was not. We have worked to address this and are hoping to have the single installable version of the theme available for download very soon.
For the time being, please follow the steps below to ensure that you are using the most recent version of the theme:
- Go to the Downloads page of your ThemeForest account. Select Download and a dropdown will appear. Select All files and documentation and unzip full package from Themeforest. Locate the
x.zipfile that contains v1.5.0 of the theme.
- Deactivate your current version of X.
- Remove X.
- Deactivate the X – Shortcodes plugin.
- Remove the X – Shortcodes plugin.
- Upload and install v1.5.0 from the
.zipfile you downloaded earlier.
- Live preview and activate.
- Allow WordPress to install all plugins including v2.0.0 of the shortcodes plugin Visual Composer (if you left Slider Revolution activated you will not be asked to install it).
- Assign menu locations as they are lost during this process.
Additionally, if you do not follow these steps exactly and find that Visual Composer or the v2.0.0 of the X – Shortcodes plugin isn't available in your WordPress installation, you can locate these files in
/x/framework/plugins/. You can use these
.zip files to manually upload these plugins if needed.
Regarding the X – Shortcodes plugin, in addition to completely revamping the visual interface, we had to modify three shortcodes in order to make them work with our Visual Composer integration. The three shortcodes that were modified are
[map]– This shortcode no longer takes an
<iframe>element via the
embedattribute. Instead, the
<iframe>should now be placed in between the opening and closing shortcode tags like so:
[map] ... [/map].
[x_audio]– This shortcode has been split into two shortcodes now,
[x_audio_player], which is to be used for self hosted audio, and
[x_audio_embed], which is to be used for embedding third-party audio.
[x_video]– This shortcode has been split into two shortcodes now,
[x_video_player], which is to be used for self hosted video, and
[x_video_embed], which is to be used for embedding third-party video.
Update: December 22, 2013
After many hours of looking into the recent issues reported regarding Visual Composer, we have found that this particular situation has to do with v3.7.2 of Visual Composer and v3.8 of WordPress working together. The latest changelog for Visual Composer states that v3.7.3 included “Small WordPress 3.8 adjustments.” In our tests, it was only after updating Visual Composer itself that everything began functioning as it should.
We have altered nothing related to our Visual Composer integration code in the theme. At this time we do not believe it to be the source of the problem with this issue.
Since this issue was unrelated to our theme integration code, we were able to address this issue by updating the plugin itself. v1.5.1 of X features no changes in the coding of X whatsoever, merely an update to the Visual Composer plugin included within X. Thus, simply updating the theme will not resolve this particular issue as you must make sure that the latest version of Visual Composer is installed (v3.7.3). Once you have done that, everything will be in order regarding this particular conflict.
Update: December 28, 2013
The following items have been addressed in this release of X:
- The ability to add custom classes to the
<body>element is now available on all posts, pages, and portfolio items. This can be found in the settings meta box for the respective post type you are using.
- There is now an option for fullwidth posts if you are using a sidebar in your global content layout. This option can be found in the Post Settings meta box on all posts.
- You can now disable page titles for all default page templates, as well as as the Layout templates. This option can be found in the Page Settings meta box on all pages.
- We have included two new page templates to use in X: Blank – Container | No Header, Footer and Blank – No Container | No Header, Footer. These were added in response to a couple users noting that they would like to use this particular setup for certain offers or squeeze pages they were creating, as well as simply giving a little more flexibility over what appears before all of your content. If you're interested in updating these or overwriting them in your own child theme, they are
template-blank-8.phprespectively in the root theme folder.
- The option to adjust the “Share this Project” title in the portfolio is now available in the Customizer.
- Typography subsets can now be included individually in the Customizer.
- We have addressed the Visual Composer drag and drop bug that was noted in v1.5.1. Through working with WPBakery, we worked out the bug in the plugin and everything now works as is expected.
- We have addressed the empty
.pofiles in v1.5.1 of X and have reprocessed the files to reflect new changes throughout the theme.
- We have greatly optimized the inclusion of custom Google Fonts by compressing four HTTP requests into one query.
- We have eliminated another HTTP request by removing the Contact Form 7 stylesheet from the
<head>as it was not needed due to our native styling.
- X 1.5.3 - December 30, 2013
- Bugfix: Visual Composer displaying a warning if Contact Form 7 or Revolution Slider were not installed or active while using Visual Composer.
- X 1.5.2 - December 28, 2013
- Feature: Ability to add custom classes to the element for posts, pages, and portfolio items via meta box settings.
- Feature: Fullwidth post option under "Post Settings" meta box.
- Feature: Option to turn off page titles under "Page Settings" meta box.
- Feature: "Blank – Container | No Header, Footer" page template.
- Feature: "Blank – No Container | No Header, Footer" page template.
- Feature: Customizer "Share this Project" title option.
- Feature: Customizer typography subset options.
- Updated: Improved loading of Google Fonts by reducing multiple font requests into single query.
- Updated: Eliminated HTTP request for Contact Form 7 stylesheet.
- Bugfix: Visual Composer drag and drop error.
- Bugfix: Header widget area not appearing on certain blank templates.
- Bugfix: empty .mo and .po files.
- Shortcodes 2.0.2 - December 28, 2013
- Updated: Improved performance for [content_band] and [vc_row] shortcodes.
- Shortcodes 2.0.1 - December 24, 2013
- Updated: Switched do_shortcode() and wpautop() filters on [text_output] content to prevent certain shortcodes from being removed.
- X 1.5.1 - December 22, 2013
- Bugfix: Visual Composer v3.7.3 support.
- X 1.5.0 - December 21, 2013
- Feature: Visual Composer page builder integrated into X.
- Feature: Customizer YouTube link in Social section.
- Feature: Customizer Vimeo link in Social section.
- Feature: Customizer Instagram link in Social section.
- Shortcodes 2.0.0 - December 21, 2013
- Feature: New "fade_animation_offset" attribute was added to the [column] shortcode, allowing users to set the offset value of the element pre-fade.
- Feature: New "title" attribute added to the [toc] shortcode.
- Updated: Completely overhauled interface.
- Updated: The [map] shortcode was modified to accomodate Visual Composer support.
- Updated: The [x_audio] shortcode was split into two different shortcodes to accomodate Visual Composer support (i.e. [x_audio_player] for self hosted audio and [x_audio_embed] for embedded audio).
- Updated: The [x_video] shortcode was split into two different shortcodes to accomodate Visual Composer support (i.e. [x_video_player] for self hosted video and [x_video_embed] for embedded video).