I have been reading several posts here in the forum that has the exact same issue that I have and I have attempted some of the workarounds with no luck so far.
The site along with WPML and doing the translations worked great until two weeks ago when I added more / new translations to the English version of the pages (the site’s original language is Norwegian). As soon as I edit one of the pages in any kind way, either via Cornerstone or just clicking edit from the pages list, not using Cornerstone or making any other edits to the settings of the page, and then saving the page will cause the live version of the page to show the original language (Norwegian) page content instead of the English version although the URL is different/ correct like it always has been. The English version looks fine in the editor and the edits are also saved in the editor. I have not altered any of the settings in WPML or the way that I create or edit the pages so this error must have happened after an update, I am not sure which updates because this is the first time this year or since early 2022 that I added more content to the English versions of the pages although I can remember updating the WPML plugins and the theme quite a few times without editing any of the English pages.
These are some of the posts that I have read:
I tried all the cache tips and I also rolled back the versions of WPML and installed the listed older versions of WPML from this post which caused the site to give the error message: Critical error on this site. I tried a few newer versions with the same result each time: “Critical error on this site” I tried WPML Multilingual CMS 4.6.2 and 4.6.0. and Media 2.7.0 and 2.3.7. and string translation 3.2.0. and 2.10.4. Same critical error each time.
Then there’s this post: WPML + Components not working
Which sounds not very promising. I am hoping that since this issue is quite critical as sites are simply not functioning as they were when created with WPML and Pro theme this issue might be expedited. Or that you could come up with a workaround that is more sturdy for now?
Then there is this post:
Which by the way is also answered incorrectly as we know there is a bigger issue with WPML compatibility and the most recent updates so going on 4 + months at least I can see this has been an issue for people.
More posts with same issue, seemingly unresolved, aborted mission or found other workaround: WMPL issue , WPML translation pulled wrong text and won't translate , Content is displaying correctly on preview but wont show on live ,
Currently, the only workaround I have found is completely deleting WPML and creating every page of the additional languages manually and manually building out a link structure however that sounds like A LOT of work, and not sure how to build out a functional linking structure in that case. Or potentially rolling back versions until it reached the one where it used to work however I was not successful in that without the critical error message. I have included a secure login note on this post.
site is https://www.showdevida.no/