WPML translation pulled wrong text and won't translate

Hi there,

We had an English language site for a while and recently added WPML to create French and Spanish. When using WPML, it pulls the wrong text (possibly might be an old edit of the page). But when we hit “complete” and “publish” there is absolutely no change on the front end. It’s all still English.

What’s going on??

I see there’s a how-to doc for working with WPML. However, the translation team (not the web developers) used WPML’s instructions which generated an easy-to-use framework you can see in the image. They’ve already done the translation, but we can’t get it “live”. I’m hoping there’s something we can do other than go back and do it all over again. They were following the instructions as per WPML so there’s no reason to have thought this way wouldn’t work with the theme at all. I’m hoping something can be done so as to not waste their efforts.

Another weird issue is when I do use the way presented in themeco’s docs, the alt-language versions of the page are showing an old version of the English text and layout, not the current page design and copy.

Hoping it’s an easy fix. Thanks!

Hi @RachelDi,

Thanks for reaching out.
It is not very clear what exactly happens at your end. If you can’t see the Spanish content while changing the website language to Spanish, it required investigation through the WordPress admin dashboard. I would suggest you, please provide login credentials for your site in a secure note to examine it further, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

I would also request you go through the following article on the translations using the WPML.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.