'X' Theme will not save any updates

Hello, over the last few months, I haven’t been able to save any updates…I have the latest versions of X 7.2.2 and the latest version of cornerstone 4.2.2…not sure why this is happening

Hello @lcakametrobeatz,

Thanks for writing in! I have checked your site MOC radio and I can see that it is still using X 7.2.0 and Cornerstone 4.2.0. Please have it updated. After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

And please clear your browser cache too. You may use private browsing mode in testing your site to make sure that you are viewing the latest codes from the updates and not the cached version in your browser.

If nothing is helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Regards.

Hey @lcakametrobeatz,

Thanks for providing the credentials.

When I save the page, 500 Internal Server errors show up in the browser console. It’s saying that your server has a problem with the cornerstone-endpoint directory. Usually, it’s the ModSecurity feature of the web host that blocks that directory. Please check with your web host and tell them to whitelist it.

There’s also an Internal Server Error connected to admin-ajax.php. This one has many causes so please try deactivating all third-party plugins first and test if the issue persists. If you can’t do this in your live site, copy the site to a staging server and do the plugin conflict test there.

If there is no plugin conflicting with Cornerstone, please give us FTP access of the staging site. If you can’t do that, we need your permission to do troubleshooting in your live site. Please just note that it carries the risk of breaking your site and it will surely disrupt your live site’s operation.

Thanks.

OK I will past this message on to my host…this may be a bit too advanced for me

Let us know how it goes,

Cheers!

Hi @lcakametrobeatz,

It looks like your homepage is corrupted because I can’t even open that page even from just the native Wordpress editor dashboard, it returns a critical error.

So I did create a “home 2” and duplicate your original home and that seems to work fine.

On other note, please update these plugins

X – Content Dock
X – Disqus Comments
X – Email Forms (MailChimp)
X – Facebook Comments
X – Google Analytics
X – Olark Integration
X – Smooth Scroll
X – Under Construction
X – White Label

As all of that are outdated or delete it if you don’t need it anymore.

Remember to clear all your caching features (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Thanks,

Hey Thank you very much…it looks like I can do updates now…I will update those plugins! Thanks!

Hi @lcakametrobeatz,

Glad to hear that, to update the Extensions to the latest versions.

• Ensure your theme is validated so Extensions can be installed automatically
  • Deactivate and delete the extensions, from the plugins panel.
  • On the X > Validation > Extensions locate and install the extensions that you need.
  • Visit “Plugins” panel in your Dashboard to activate the newly installed version.

More details here: Updating Extensions

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.