Modern Events Calendar - Stripe Stopped Working

Hi,

Not the greatest of timing.

After the covid lockdown, this client has only just managed to open up and start taking bookings, but after setting up their event, the Stripe Payment gateway has stopped working.

I raised a ticket with Webnus the ME Calendar dev and they said it needs to be updated.

I can’t update though as we’re waiting on theme.co to test the latest version. I understand that you need to test plugin updates, I totally get that.

I’m just wondering if there is a temporary fix or any news on when it will be updated to the latest version?

Thanks

Dan

Hello Dan,

Thanks for writing in! Could you please update to the latest versions?
Our latest versions are:

• Pro theme 3.2.3 or
  • X theme 7.2.3
  • Cornerstone 4.2.3
  • M.E.C. 5.7.0
  • PHP 7.2 or higher
  • WordPress 5.3.2 or higher

After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

By the way, M.E.C. 5.8.0 is still not available in our plugin repository. Our developers are still doing compatibility and conflict testing at the moment. It will be available anytime soon. Please watch out for it.

Best Regards.

Hi,

Thanks for this, but everything is up to date. Server is actually on PHP 7.3 and wordpress is latest too.

I can’t update ME calendar any further than it is currently due to x theme pro blocking the update.

Thanks

Dan

Hey Dan,

Yes, you cannot update because we can’t release the latest MEC version yet.

We understand that the update is very important to you but there’s nothing we can do on our end.

The only solution is to purchase MEC directly from Webnus so you can download the latest version. You then need to uninstall MEC on your site and install the latest version you downloaded from Webnus.

Hope that helps and thank you for understanding.

Hi,

Unfortunately, still no updates on this, so as I don’t have a timeline, I’ll have to front the cost to get it sorted.

A bit frustrating that an extension that comes with the theme (even if via a third party) stops working as expected and then there is no timeline provided for a fix.

I totally get the need for testing, but it may need a rethink if testing incurs significant delays like this that actually hamper a business’s opportunities to generate revenue.

Thank you for your help, regadless of the outcome

Dan

Hi Dan,

Sorry about that, 8 days ago we did actually release the Modern Events Calendar 5.8.5, we are still testing 5.9.0 though.

Thanks,

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response.

So how do I update to the 5.8.5 version to test please?

This version is stuck on 5.6.1 at the moment.

It just says - " There is a new version of Modern Events Calendar available. [View version 5.9.0 details] Automatic update is unavailable for this plugin.

Anyway I can update manually?

Unfortunately, currently it looks liek the only way to to use the official version is to delete all the data, bookings etc and start again.

Thanks

Dan

hi danny, if i may ask, what is the link between x-theme en MEC? I recently added the (free) MEC on my website and am finding that i have not an easy way to get answers on my problems. Do you have advice for that maybe? (i am looking how to change the am/pm to 24 hours. it shows up in the backend, but not in the frontend + there is one thing that does not translate into my own language). Thanks and good luck with your issue! kindly, lily

Hey Dan

To update any extension, please follow the steps in the following thread ‘X’ Theme will not save any updates

Also review our update guide and updating extensions

Hi @wonderacademie,

Modern Events Calendar plugin comes bundled with the theme. you can read more about MEC extension here https://theme.co/docs/modern-events-calendar

Regarding your time format issue, please follow this thread https://webnus.net/dox/modern-events-calendar/modern-event-calendar-time-format/

Hope this helps!

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Now, after following the advice in your link, I’ve hid another problem.

I can’t delete ME Calendar.

It just says “you’ve had a critical error” it doesn’t delete the plugin, but it seems to delete all the data.

Naturally, I took a backup beforehand (always do), so I just restored it.

Now my concern is that it’s going to wipe all the bookings and events if I do this.

Can I setup a staging site for you to take a look?

Info in a private note

Dan

Hello Dan,

The latest supported MEC version and available in our Themeco plugin repository is MEC 5.8.5. You can check it here: https://theme.co/docs/version-compatibility

To safely delete a plugin, you will have to log in to your FTP, browse to the plugins folder and delete the MEC plugin folder. This method, you are deleting the plugin files. No data will be deleted in the database. After you have deleted the MEC plugin files, you can go back to Pro > Validation > Extensions to install MEC 5.8.5 version.

We would love to know if this has worked for you. Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.