WPBakery is not activated?

Hello I can’t activate WPBakery and therefore I am not able to use its Template Library. Also I cannot update it because it is not activated, again. Any solutions? (Using X theme)

Hi @ogvzhan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please be advised that WPBakery is a bundled plugin. You do not need to register or activate the plugin to use it.

Template library is exclusively available if you have purchased a separate license for the plugin. For bundled plugins like you have do not have access to the templates.

To update extensions you can follow 'X' Theme will not save any updates

Thank you for your understanding.

Hey @nabeel thank you for your answer.

Okay, I guess there is some kind of “false advertising” going on, I looked at it and if you go here one can see that the extensions are not actually full.

Not blaming or anything, it looks legal and logical on your part but I think -ethically speaking- you should advertise them as like WPBakery Lite or something.

Thanks for your help. Have a good day.

Hello @ogvzhan,

We have clearly mentioned this:
Each of the 3rd party plugins is available for purchase directly from the makers of those tools only **if you want direct support from the product creators** or **access to premium resources they may make available to their customers** (your X purchase code will not allow you to register for support from the creator of the plugin).

It is in the plugin’s policy and the discretion of the creators of the plugin that only customers who have purchased a separate license can access their template library. We do not have any control over this policy.

Thank you for your understanding.

Yes, you mentioned that and I linked a similar text in my previous post. Check the screenshot below and tell me it does not promise “fully premium plugins”. If I sue you, you would probably win as you disclosed what is actually going on in small texts and stuff. I am talking about ethical side of the things. You advertise it as “comes with $1000 dollar worth tools” and in actuality it comes with non-premium plugins. You don’t have to answer this with another text mentioning how it is disclosed. False advertising. Thanks.

Hi Oğuzhan,

I appreciate your comments and I know that it’s frustrating when you find that something you were expecting to be available isn’t. As someone is very sensitive to ethical marketing myself, I do understand where your comments are coming from.

However, there is an important distinction to be made. From your comments above, it seems you’re viewing the lack of availability of the templates as a reduction of service of the plugin (therefore making them non-premium). That’s just not the case. Rather the templates to which you refer are add-ons which are separate to the plugin. There is absolutely no difference in the plugin, or it’s functionality, whether bundled by us, or purchased directly from the plugin author. Any add-ons they offer for purchasing the plugin directly from them are simply an inducement.

Similarly, any messaging they place inside the plugin to suggest that it’s not licensed (not activated) could be considered disingenuous since it sows a seed of doubt in the users mind that the plugin is incomplete or unlicensed, when in fact that’s just wholly inaccurate, since the plugin is the same and the end user is not required to license it. I would encourage you to consider the ethics of that.

It is regrettable that you have been left frustrated by this experience. I can assure you that this is not our desire, and we simply wanted to provide great value to you by including so many additional plugins with our product.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.