Unsolved issue that was closed - videos don't display with any Jetpack after 9.8.1

Here is the previous thread: “Header video suddenly not displaying” started on July 7.

I have updated my site to the very latest X and Cornerstone available as of today. Videos still do not display as described in the previous thread when any version of Jetpack is used beyond 9.8.1.

I did testing as instructed on July 17 and supplied feedback that everything works fine with the latest Wordpress 2021 theme and Jetpack 10.0. When reverting to X, all videos render as blank page space again. I have to rollback to 9.8.1 to get videos to display.

Jetpack [posted to Github with info about replicating the error] on July 20 using my screenshots (https://github.com/Automattic/jetpack/issues/20412) and they determined the issue is with X since it was only reported when X is active.

The issue was closed unresolved on August 14, after the final advice to wait for your own look into the issue. Meanwhile this thread has appeared on this forum, but the support response seems to be that the “plug-in author” is working on it. They’re not.

Hello Pyanfar,

There was confusion in the previous thread which you have hijacked. We thought that you and the original poster are the same. When we check your “kallmakerdotcom” site, we could not found any video on the page. To better assist you with your video and Jetpack issue, please provide us the URL of the page where we can find the video and maybe provide us your WP credentials as well. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

At kallmaker.com the third block from the top is a headline element “Simply the Tease” followed by a video inserted in a classic text block with [video] shortcode. Are those not visible to you?

For testing purposes, I just added a video using cornerstone’s video element with embed code just above the footer at that page. As with [video] shortcode, if I update Jetpack past 9.8.1 the block remains but there is no content showing with either method.

Third block below the menu if Jetpack 10.0 is active:

Just above the footer if Jetpack 10.0 is active:

If I switch to Wordpress 2021 and Jetpack 10.0, video content displays as expected.

FYI, with Jetpack 10.0 activated, I also tried deactivating/disconnecting the plugin and the reactivating/reconnecting it again as that seemed to solve this issue for another user here. Unfortunately, it didn’t resolve the issue for me.

I have reverted back to Jetpack 9.8.1 and the video content displays again.

Videos are displayed at these URLs, also using [video] shortcode (there are others as well, but these are examples of the two posts types where I use them, in addition to the home page).
Portfolio using cornerstone classic text element with video embed code:

Blog post with classic WP editor using video embed code:

I note that another user on this Videos (MP4) stopped working thread has reported the same issue, and that you found Jetpack plugin was the problem. I don’t want to hijack that thread, but perhaps that user would like to know that if they revert to 9.8.1 for now their client’s videos are likely to display without losing Jetpack functionality?

I will post secure login info in another post.

Hey Pyanfar,

Opening wp-admin or wp-login.php in your site leads to a 404 page. What’s the WP login URL?

Thanks.

My apologies for that - I updated the secure note.

Hi Pyanfar,

I have checked in my local environment and found that the issue is still exists with the plugin version 10.1. I have also checked that the issue does not persists with the default themes like Twenty Twenty.
I will report this to our Issue Tracker to let our development team aware of it. For now you can add the following custom CSS to the Theme Options > CSS as a temporary fix.

.mejs-container.x-wp-video-shortcode
{
    position:unset;
}

Thanks

Added the CSS, upgraded to Jetpack 10.0 and all is well. Thank you so much!

Hi @kkallmaker,

Great and you’re welcome! If you have any other concerns or clarifications regarding our theme features, feel free to open up a new thread.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.