Background Video & JetPack

I hate Jetpack… Ill say that first. But I have a few clients that want it on their site for the ease of printing mailing labels in WooCommerce.

But, it is STILL disabling background video when activated. Is this a JetPack thing or a Themeco thing?

Is there any way you guys can fix this for us… it drives me nutz, and the client too. She has to enable/connect jetpack when she wants to print labels, and then disable it afterwards.

Hi Riceman,

Thanks for reaching out.
It is an ongoing issue in the Jetpack, I would suggest you go through the following issue if that helps.

Thanks

Thanks… tried it, see screenshot.
Screen Shot 2022-03-30 at 9.18.31 AM

but homepage video is still not playing:

i emptied cache… no luck. any ideas?

Hello Riceman,

I have checked your page and I could not find which section has the background video.

Can you please point us where to find the video? Thanks.

Sure, its in the header assigned to the homepage:
Screen Shot 2022-03-30 at 10.24.39 PM

Hi Riceman,

I have cleared the Lightspeed Cache and now the video is playing in the background properly. If you are still facing the issue, I would suggest you check once by clearing all types of cache including the Style Cache from Cornerstone > Settings > System > Clear Style Cache and check in the incognito/private mode of the browser.

Thanks

Hmmm, i cleared Lightspeed twice. But i did not clear the style cache. Thanks for the help!

Hi Riceman,

Glad that we are able to help you.

Thanks

Sorry to pester you again with this. I didnt have JetPack “connected” . So I did that, and the video is not working now. I cleared Litespeed (twice) and style cache, tried in incognito windows in brave and chrome… no luck.

Hello Riceman,

The code in the other thread does not works for you. Using your browser’s Development Tool, you can check the live HTML code and find which CSS selector you need to use or what CSS code has been used to style the page.

Check out this video demonstration:

Dev Tools demo

If we try that in your site, you will get this code:

So, we can then create a custom CSS code for you site like this:

The code above serves as an example code. Feel free to modify it when needed. Please note that custom coding is beyond the scope of our support. You will have to maintain any custom coding to make sure that it will still work after any updates or does not create any issues or incompatibility in the future.

Hope this helps.

Helps immensely. Thank you!

Hey Andrew,

You’re welcome! If you have any other concerns or clarifications regarding our theme features, feel free to open up a new thread.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.