Slider at top of individual blog posts

Hi.

I’ve looked through the forum, but suggestions for how to accomplish this are at least two or three years old, and I suspect don’t work any more (unless I totally screwed it up, anyway, which is always possible).

What needs to go into the functions.php file to put a Revolution Slider at the top of the blog post, above the blog title? Reasonably enough, if I put the slider shortcode in the blog content - it’s under the title.

Thanks.

Hi @gljudson,

Thanks for reaching out.
If you are using the Pro, you can create a custom Header with the Slider and assign it to the Blog page. But if you are using the X I would suggest you go through the following thread, which may help you on this.

Please remember that the above code will work if copied as it is and doesn’t conflict with any existing style.
Please note that the code provided serves only as a guide to help you get started custom coding on your own if there’s no option offered in our theme or the products we bundle.
We really do not provide support for custom codes that means we can’t fix it in case it conflicts with something on your site nor will we enhance it.

Thanks

Thanks … this puts the header on the main blog page, but not the individual blog post pages, which is where I want it.

I’ve already got the header appearing on the main blog page.

Any further ideas? Thanks!

Hey @gljudson,

Would you mind sharing your admin credentials so that we can check your setup properly? To do that, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Hello @gljudson,

We highly recommend that you place all your theme modifications and custom functions in a child theme. This allows you to make code changes that won’t be overwritten when a theme update is released. After your child theme is setup, please review how we recommend making template changes in Customization Best Practices.

Meanwhile, on this thread; Add a slider to a blog Page, you can replace the is_home() condition with the is_single() which would mean that the slider will only display in single posts.

Best Regards.

AHA! That did it - thank you!

You are most welcome, @gljudson!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.