Page layout and content disappearing when editor saves

It’s hard to recreate this issue but every so often an editor (not admin) will save a page layout and the content will disappear. We then get the popup “No suitable preview area found”.

Using pro theme on a multisite.

Hi @timo9000,

Thanks for reaching out.
There are many reasons behind the No suitable preview area found notice, it will be very difficult to recognize your one. I would suggest you go through the following thread with a similar topic, which may help you to recognize the reason.

Thanks

Thank you, that did help a little in previewing but the main issue is this:

1. Created layout page set to single
  2. Added condition: post type is post
  3. Set preview to a blog post
  4. Added ‘The Title’ block and ‘The Content’ block to page.
  5. Saved and preview works fine
  6. Then added another section, with a text block and image block. Added the content and saved again.
  7. Preview then shows standard blog post layout rather than the one created

When exiting cornerstone and then reloading the layout just created. I get the message ‘No suitable preview area found. In Archive mode this could happen if you don’t have a posts page assigned. Try using the Preview Switcher to view this Layout in a different context.’

Cannot preview the layout on the frontend and the conditions are no longer set.
Tried to add new conditions but was given different options e.g. Today Before… rather than all the other options that were given before.

Hello @timo9000,

To better assist you with your issue, please provide us access to the site. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hey @timo9000,

I tried to replicate all your steps above but the layout is just previewing the right content when I created my test layout and also when I reload the layout builder page, I can’t replicate the issue No suitable preview area found. In Archive mode, this could happen if you don’t have a posts page assigned. Try using the Preview Switcher to view this Layout in a different context.

I suspect it has something to do with how you setup the Layout Builder, you can check this test layout I have created ( please check the secure note for the link )

Hope that helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.