No suitable preview area found (…) for header

On my site, https://aviewingspace.com, I’m getting the message “no suitable preview around found…” for the header that I imported from another site I built in X. I’ve named the header “Quietly Between Header.” I’m using Ethos, and I saw this was common on the homepage, so I’ve created 2 other pages, Quietly Between and About. On the About page I choose a template Blank Container - Header Footer, but I still am seeing the error. I’ve disabled all the plugins, except Slider Revolution, which I need for my homepage. The homepage is fine, I don’t want a header or footer there, but I will on the other pages I add. I didn’t see any CSS that might be messing this up, but I was trying to remove the header and footer before, and I maybe I’m missing something I did. Other things I might try here?

Thank you,
Brad

Hello Brad,

Thanks for writing to us.

It might be an issue of plugin conflict. I would suggest you troubleshoot with a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing For Theme Related Issue
  2. Testing For Plugin Conflict
  3. Theme Update
  4. Child Theme
  5. Css/Js Customization
  6. Increasing Php Memory Limit
  7. Disabling Cache
  8. Disabling Cdn
  9. Permalinks
  10. Version Compatibility

If none of those work, It would be best if you could copy your live website to your staging area. and send your details in a secure note so that we can investigate your setting without breaking your live site. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • FTP Details

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hello @madeby18,

Please be advised that the builder will always use the homepage as the page to display in the builder. At the moment, your homepage is using the No Container | No Header, No Footer page template. This is the reason why when you edit a header or footer, it will give you a “No Suitable Preview” error.

Screen Shot 2021-10-31 at 9.33.43 AM

To get around this, while you are in the builder, you will need to select a page that has a header or footer and then assign it as your preview page.

Kindly check out this documentation about the Preview Manager:

Or check out this video tutorial:

Best Regards.

Thank you. That did it.

It’s always great to be of assistance, @madeby18!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.