My Headers are still funky

Sorry disappearing I got sick fro a couple months.

I’d like to refer to the topic below:

The Main Header (on site cover) seems to be working fine, the only thing is the “on hover” effect on the cart icon, it changed. It used to be like the “on hover” to the other icons on that bar (blue comming from top). I’ve attempted to make it but I’m not that good and didn’t work

Also, the site has other 3 headers (I also have this same “template” on nohypeinvest.net wich shows the very same problems), wich are still shoing permanently the top bar that should be hidden (and show only on scroll down, getting back to top on scroll to top). I’d need to be informed what need to be done so they get back hidden as originally.

I’m really disastrous tryint to fix, just make it worse. The theme is very complex to my limited skills, so please I’d need some help to fix these 2 things only on my 2 websites (voelivre.net and nohypeinvest.net). I’ll send you the login credentials to voelivre.net, then please let me know how can I reproduce the fix on the other site?

Below are the 2 things I can’t discover how to do, I hope you wizard can help me with:

1. Fix the “on hover” effect on the cart icon (should be the same than other icons)
  2. Replicate the fixes to the other 3 Headers of the site (and the other site)

Thank you very very much and best regards!

Hey @fabiofava,

The blue hover effect is the Particles setup. Replicate your button’s Particles setup to your Dropdown Toggle.

Let’s solve this first before jumping to other issues which should be on another thread.

Thanks.

Thank you @christian

I’ve tried but I can’t replicate it exactly. On the “Contact” icon, Particles is under “Primary” tab. On the “Drop-Down Carriho” element, Particles is under “Toggle” tab. I set exactly identical, but the effect comes different… It gets “shorter”, both on top and bottom… Also, the cart kinda “blinks”, but it should work just like the other icons. Please check it out.

What am I doing wrong here? Thanks!

Set the height of the Cart Element toggle to 100% to fix the issue with the particle not being the same height.

In that same tab. Set the Interaction of the Toggles Graphic to “none” to remove the animation the icon is doing.

Let us know if this helps and have a great day!

Hey @charlie !

I’ve done it and the heigth seems good. I’d neet to find a way to “normalize” the width for that effect on all buttons, any idea on this? Then, would be possible to “export” those settings and apply on the cart for the other 3 headers on this website?

Then, on the other headers, the upper header that should be hidden, is appearing. I can’t remember what was done to fix the Main Header, so to apply that setting on the other 3 headers… Thank you so much for this masterclass!

Hey @fabiofava,

By “normalize”, I believe you mean “the same” width. If that’s correct, for Button element, adjust the Width and Left and Right Paddings. For the element’s with Toggle options, adjust the Toggle Width and side Paddings.

For Content Area elements, replace them with their modern counterparts like the Off Canvas, Modal and Dropdown elements so you’ll have that Toggle options mentioned above.

You need to do that to your other sites. save your elements as a template first using the Element Manager. Then, you can download the templates to your computer so you can import them to the other sites using the Template Manager.

Hey @christian thank you for your infos.

On the Width for the elements, then you have “Width”, “Min Width” and “Max Width”. How should I set those all? It’s kind of very much complex for me to know what to do.

On the Content Area elements, I not sure on how to replace those for those items you’ve told. More, wich one to use? I’m not a web designer and I can change things but elements completely change from one version to other, I can’t keep it up learning.

Finally, I know that I can export and import that settings, but again i’ts so complex that I get lost on the proccess. Not exactly sure how to export a button layout settings, and more, how to import them into other elements later on the other site…

I hope you can help me on succeeding, it’s a bit overwhelming…

Hey @fabiofava,

In my screenshot, I boxed the Width option only. If you wish to use the Min Width and Max Width, learn here: https://www.w3schools.com/css/css_dimension.asp. Most options are basically, CSS properties. Therefore, it’s beneficial if you learn CSS.

In case you don’t have the time to learn, we can implement changes for you if you subscribe to our One Total Care service.

Please remember that in the beginning, X/Cornerstone was simple. But, they are not customizable. To solve the problem, more options were introduced, up to the point where Pro was created, which allows our users to have a highly customizable website if they’re willing to take the time to learn the options and web development in general.

Hey @christian thanks for the infos.

Question is: should I use Min Width and Max Width? Will it work without those settings? I understand programming and CSS, and I can change things, but I’m not a code-writer: it’s complex and very boring to write code.

I’d like to subscribe to the One Total Care service, but none of my websites generates even that amount. So it’s impossible for me at this moment to subscibe, but I’ll do it at some point in the future: fixing the CSS and design on the sites sucks my time.

I totally understand about X/Cornerstone and Pro (and there are so many new products now I can’t even imagine what they do and how much it can expand) I see the Apple Website and I can imagine what can be done with Pro and all those Extensions.

I’ll try “normalizing” those widths before trying to fix the Hidden Bar that isn’t hidden on the other headers for this website. Also need to discover how to export the settings for those buttons and import those settings on the same buttons on the other headers on the site.

Thank you so much for this masterclass, I’m learning a lot, thank you very much!

Hey @fabiofava,

Glad to hear that you’re learning.

In your case, they’re not needed. You can leave the Min Width to 0 and Max Width to none like in my previous screenshot.

You can’t import settings from one element to a different element so you need to replicate the setup. For example, though the Button element and Toggle option of a Dropdown element are similar, you can’t import or paste Button element styles to the Toggle option. You need to replicate it manually.

Thank you @christian !

On the other hand, all the other 3 headers, the (supposely Initially Hidden) Sticky NavBar, appears when page loads. The Cover Page header was fixed, but not the others. That was made by some ThemeCo Supporter, so I don’t know how to replicate on the other headers.

I’m seriously considering to hire the One Total Care Service, then you magicians can jump in and fix whatever is needed on my “Theme System” (Settings, Additional CSS, the forever issue of the “Double Vertical ScrollBar on Load” and whatever else we can do.

I won’t be able to do it until December, so I’d be glad if we can fix at least this issue with the (not) Innitially Hidden NavBar. Wich is never hiding… Thank you so much in advance, I hope you can explain me what I need to do to fix this issue.

Hey @fabiofava,

This thread is getting long. Please open up a new thread and provide a screenshot of the Initially Hidden bar that is showing. Also provide login information of the affected sites.

Thanks.

Hey @christian, this ticket can be closed, it was solved via the other post:

Thank you once more, cheers!

You’re welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.