ICON stack sidebar not scrolling

I searched the forum but do not see a fix for this - I am using the ICON stack from the demo and the sidebar is no longer scrollable, it has worked fine until recently., but now the independently scrolling sidebar is just a stagnant sidebar that is cut off at the bottom. I was waiting for XPro updateds to fix this but that didn’t happen.

Where are the ICON settings that can be adjusted to get the sidebar scrolling again?

None of these older posts help:

Icon stack fixed sidebar does not scroll | Themeco Community

Oct 20, 2015

Icon Stack Sidebar cropping content – can’t scroll … - Themeco

May 8, 2020

Pro wit Icon stack not showing right- side sidebar correctly

Jun 12, 2020

Sidebar Doesn’t Scroll - Renew Stack - Support - Themeco

Icon stack fixed sidebar does not scroll | Themeco Community

Oct 20, 2015

Icon Stack Sidebar cropping content – can’t scroll … - Themeco

May 8, 2020

Pro wit Icon stack not showing right- side sidebar correctly

Jun 12, 2020

Sidebar Doesn’t Scroll - Renew Stack - Support - Themeco

Icon stack fixed sidebar does not scroll | Themeco Community Oct 20, 2015 Icon Stack Sidebar cropping content – can’t scroll … - Themeco May 8, 2020 Pro wit Icon stack not showing right-side sidebar correctly Jun 12, 2020 Sidebar Doesn’t Scroll - Renew Stack - Support - Themeco Jul 20, 2018

Hi Mark,

Thanks for reaching out.
This is an ongoing issue with the latest version of Theme and has also been reported to the development team. As a temporary fix, you can check the following thread with a similar issue.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

This adds a second scrollbar, which obviously doesn’t look very good, but it also compresses the sidebar items (recent posts), making them narrow and hard to read.

Is there a CSS fix to widen the sidebar recent posts content ( I can’t find this in the inspector), or better yet, just remove the scrolling functionality altogether and have the full sidebar scrollable with the main pages, until there is a permanent fix?

Hi Mark,

This is a temporary fix, and we are working on the fix, which will be included in an upcoming release.

Thanks

While waiting for the proper fix, is it not possible to stop the scrolling altogether, and make it just a normal sidebar that is attached to the page?

Hey There,

If you are using the Pro theme, you can create your custom single and archive layout which would allow you to have your own design layout without the sidebar, a normal sidebar, or even a sticky sidebar especially if you have already updated to the latest version of the theme. If you are not familiar with the Layout Builder, this documentation should get you started:

Or check out this Youtube playlist:

Best Regards.

I don’t want to have to find and edit every page/post and change each template, isn’t there a code I can add to just universally “unstick” the stuck sidebars, either with CSS or to the child theme functions.php file, so the existing sidebars will all simply scroll with their pages, until you have a permanent scrollable fix? Some good programmer should be able to write this. Thanks.

Hello Mark,

Regretfully there isn’t any code we can add to accomplish what you have, either with CSS or to the child theme functions.php file. Keep in mind that the Icon stack has its sidebar design unique to this stack only. It has been built that way to have a fixed sidebar. By the way, any modification to the Icon stack’s sidebar is considered a custom development already. Be advised that this is beyond the scope of our support under our Support Policy. If you are unfamiliar with code and resolving potential conflicts, you may select our One service for further assistance.

Best Regards.

Thanks for the reply. I don’t think asking your programmers to write a simple code to bypass the scrolling functionality of the default sidebar, which is built-into the stack and by your admission is no longer functioning, is “outside the scope” of support. I did not create the theme or it’s functionality, nor did I break it.

Hello Mark,

As mentioned by @Tristup, this is an ongoing issue that our developers were already made aware of. In your last response, you were looking for a code that you can add to universally “unstick” the stuck sidebars. The only solution we can recommend at this point is to create a custom single layout that you can assign to all post items without editing any of those post items. If you want, we can create a demo for you.

Thanks.

Hey Mark,

If you are the Pro theme, please provide us with your WP access so that we can create a demo that will allow you to have sidebar for your single post items. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Cheers.

Hey Mark,

The given WP credentials do not work for us. The password seems incorrect.
Please double-check it.

Thanks.

Hey There,

We have created a demo single layout for you. You can check out the URL in the secure note below.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.