Sidebar Doesn't Scroll - Renew Stack

Hi,
I recently changed my stack to Renew because I need to have a sidebar that scrolls with the content. I was previously using Icon and its fixed position sidebar and was told to use another stack, like Renew, in order to make that happen. However, after switching to renew, I find that the sidebar is acting exactly the same, not scrolling. I can’t figure out what’s going on. Help!
Thanks,
Aaron

Hi, I ended up changing some CSS that I found. Previously, this CSS said that it was “position:fixed” It now scrolls with the page. Is this the right way to change this issue?

@media only screen and (min-width: 1024px) {
.x-sidebar {
position: relative;
top: 0 !important;
width: 341px !important;
height: 100%;
margin: 0;
border-top: 0;
z-index: 1031;
-webkit-transform:

Hi there,

If you are using the Icon stack, you do not need to add any custom CSS as the Icon’s independent sidebar feature has a fixed position just like it here:

You just need to edit the page and enable the Blank Template Sidebar option under Icon Page Settings.

Hope this helps.

Hi,
I perhaps didn’t explain myself clearly in my post, but I would like your input, so I’m going to attempt to better explain myself!!

I was previously using Icon, but because it has the fixed position sidebar, I am unable to use it due to some new features I need on the site.

I switched to the Renew stack, but I found that the sidebar on Renew, upon switching the Stack, was also fixed. I made the small CSS change of changing the x-sidebar CSS to position:relative; and that makes the sidebar scroll with the page now.

However, I just wanted to know if that’s an appropriate solution, or if I just “rigged something up” to work that’s not ideal :joy:

Is that the proper way to fix this issue? I was surprised that the Renew stack didn’t have an automatically scrolling sidebar the way other Renew demos I looked at did.

Thanks for your help!
-Aaron

Hi again,

The Renew stack has a normal sidebar that scrolls with the site, you may have customization in your theme that is making it fixed. Please backup your custom CSS first and remove all of your CSS customization from everywhere and see if this works.

Let us know how this goes!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.