Pro wit Icon stack not showing right-side sidebar correctly

Please see my work-in-progress site here. Note how the sidebar content (the default “What are stacks?” content) is showing at the bottom, not on the right side as desired. How do I fix this?

Hi @happydogsnyc,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Your setup seems correct, upon checking your site I see the content of your site is being served by the cache. Please clear your Siteground’s cache including your browser’s cache and disable optimization services (see https://www.siteground.com/tutorials/wordpress/sg-optimizer/supercacher/#Manual_Cache_Purge)

Let us know how this goes!

I checked the Siteground settings.

Only Nginx Direct Delivery was on for static caching. I turned this off and it made no difference.

I see the options for “dynamic cache” and “memcached” but neither have been installed or enabled. (This is a clean install in Siteground, with default settings.)

So, unless, I’m missing something, that doesn’t seem to be the problem.

Hello @happydogsnyc,

To better assist you with your issue, kindly provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/docs/getting-support

Meanwhile, please be advise that Icon stack does no have a right fixed sidebar by default. You might want to check the X > Theme Options > Headers > Navbar > Navbar Position. Select “Fixed Right” so that you will have a fixed right sidebar.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

To clarify, it’s the Pro theme not the X theme. And I want the navbar on the left (as it is). Is the the sidebar that I want on the right. The Pro theme options for layout and design are set to “Content Left, Sidebar Right.” But the sidebar is showing on the bottom not as a right column.

I’ll attach login info as a secure note.

Hello @happydogsnyc,

The Pro and the X theme has the same Themes Option settings. Anyway, please be advised that because of Icon’s unique layout, Layout - Left and the Layout - Right page template is unavailable in this Stack. Please switch to another Stack if you need to make use of left or right sidebar feature.

The Icon stack can only have a fullwidth content or with a fixed left navbar or fixed right navbar.
You can check out the demo here:

Thanks!

Ok, now I’m really confused.

I have an old site that uses X with the Icon stack with the sidebar right layout and it works as desired. See happydogsnyc.com/lic (same login info as above).

I changed my new site to a different stack and the right sidebar does appear, however it doesn’t independently scroll from the main content, the way it does in happydogsnyc.com/lic

How can I get a right sidebar that independently scrolls like in happydogsnyc.com/lic?

Hi @happydogsnyc,

That’s independent scrolling is a special feature of Icon stack, switching to another stack will disable it. Please switch it back to icon stack if you prefer sidebar scrolling.

Thanks!

This is starting to get rather frustrating. Have you actually read this thread?

I was using the Icon stack at the beginning. I was told by you guys that Icon doesn’t support the right sidebar, that I had to switch to another stack. Now you are telling me Icon is the only one which supports what I want. So we are going in circles.

Can you please read the support request from the beginning and actually help me out here? It’s been several days of going back and forth and we are getting nowhere.

Hello @happydogsnyc,

Now I understand what you are looking for. By default, the Icon stack can only have have a Fixed Right Sidebar is you select the following settings in the X > Theme Options

1.) The Pro > Theme Options > Layout and Design > Content Layout must be set to “Content Left, Sidebar Right”
2.) The Pro > Theme Options > Header > Navbar > Navbar Position must be set to “Fixed Top” or “Static Top”
3.) Go to Appearance > Widgets and add your widgets to the main sidebar.

This is the only setting you can display a fixed sidebar and it will be applied all throughout your site. If you need to have a fullwidth page, you will need to use “Layout - Fullwidth”, “Blank Container” or “Blank - No Container” page templates. You cannot use the “Layout - Sidebar Left, Content Right” and “Layout - Content Left, Sidebar Right” page templates.

Hope this explains the sidebar in Icon stack briefly.

First of all, I’m use Pro not X.

However, I’ve tried your suggestions, and it makes no difference. The sidebar content is still showing at the bottom, not at the right.

Can you please look at the site itself here: http://happyd.sg-host.com/

You have the login info above, in the secure note.

Hello @happydogsnyc,

Sorry for the Typo Error. Both X and Pro has the same setting by the way.

I have tested the Icon stack on our local testing server and it is displaying on the right without no issues.

You can also check out our demo here: https://demo.theme.co/icon-news/

This could simply mean that you are having some caching issues which would require you to clear your plugin caches or that some of the stylesheet files in your Pro theme were missing or corrupted. Please re-install the Pro theme. You can do it manually. Kindly check out our documentation guide here to know how you can update or reinstall Pro theme manually:

Kindly let us know how it goes

Ok, I will try it. However, now I’m confused about the navbar. You say above that the navbar must be at the top. However, in https://demo.theme.co/icon-news/ it’s on the left side.

Hi @happydogsnyc,

Sorry for the confusion before, but I did read it and the requirement you intend to do is contradicting at least on my understanding. You wish the navbar/standard sidebar, but you also which to make it scrollable similar to ICON stack. Hence you’ll have to choose between them since you can’t have them at the same time now that you switched to another stack, and since it sounds that the scrolling sidebar feature is more important then I only reverted back the recommendation of using icon stack.

Perhaps the confusion is between Navbar and Sidebar, on that case, please ignore the step #2, instead set your Navbar Position to Fixed Left. And that’s it, now if you plan to have a right sidebar similar to this https://demo.theme.co/icon-news/, you’ll have to stay with Icon stack.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.