Grid element missing after update to version 8.1.5

Hi, I encountered a problem, and can’t seem to get to the bottom of it, after searching online for a while now. After updating X, my grid element went missing, and all my previously set up grid layouts are showing up as undefined elements.
Am I missing something obvious? Is grid element not available anymore in X? Or should I roll back to a previous version to fix it ?
I have latest version of Wordpress, I rolled it back, but it didn’t fix my issue.
Kindly appreciate your help…

1 Like

Hi Bartok,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Did you mean Grid element? Please note that it’s only available in Pro, you must be using Pro if you’ve created layouts using Grid element.

Grid element is still the part of Pro, there could be a third party plugin or a script conflict which is breaking the layout. Please check for the following first:

1. TESTING FOR PLUGIN CONFLICT
  2. THEME UPDATE
  3. CHILD THEME
  4. CSS/JS CUSTOMIZATION
  5. DISABLING CACHE & DISABLING CDN
  6. VERSION COMPATIBILITY

If you still have problems then please get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thanks!

Thank you for your response. Yes I meant Grid element. I did use The Classic Grid element too, but that is working fine. I do not have PRO version, never had, but I did have the Grid element available in X, hence, my undefined elements. I have been using it all over my homepage. I will reply in a secure note with the credentials.

Anyway, if it’s only available in Pro version, than there’s not much to do, but to redesign the page. What is frustrating, that it shouldn’t have been available for whatever reason it was in the elements list. It did take me a while to figure it out, and now I’m back to square one:)

Hi Bartok,

Unfortunately, the element is now available only for Pro.

Thanks for understanding.

How can you think that downgradingevery single site of your X users is so ething remotely considerable!?
What else will you consider tomorrow to take away?
I used a ridiculous amount of time not only to learn to use the features and look at the tutorials and suvh but to use it and make it look how it should, and literally, is not there anymore!
No, I dont understand, add it back

Thank you for the clarification!

Hi @bgagaci,

I wanted to add some additional context here regarding the Grid element. Our products (X, Pro, Cornerstone) are built from the same code base, and typically the Grid element is removed when the Cornerstone plugin is bundled. This process was mistakenly not completed for a few releases which allowed the Grid to remain as an element. When the Cornerstone 5.1.5 build was done properly (Grid element removed), we started to see some inquiries like this and realized what had happened. Unfortunately there isn’t a way for us to include it in X and Cornerstone. It’s only part of Pro. I’ve sent you an email to followup on this issue with a potential solution.

@Carlos_MK, I followed up to your email this morning.

Thank you so much for your help in resolving my issue!

Hi Bartok,

You’re welcome and it’s our pleasure to help you. If you have any other concerns regarding our theme features, feel free to reach us.

Thank you.

Hi @alexander and thanks for the info.
I just do not unterstand, why it hasn’t been pointed out before release, that the Grid element will be removed???
I need a solution without having to redesign my entire Site due to a missing grid element.
Do I have to change my X Licence now to Pro?
What is the easiest way
thanks
Marcuz

Hi Marcuz,

The easiest way is to convert your X to Pro, please check this article.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

Hi @marc_a

just to have it clear:

1. If I have built a website with X, using The Grid plugin elements in some pages, I need to upgrade to Pro license to have it working properly? Is it correct?
  2. What happens if I don’t upgrade? will the plugin have some issues on the front-end with future X/Cornerstone upgrades?

I ask this because I’m having small issues with displaying pages with The Grid elements in Cornerstone editor: pages displaying messy and The Grid element is mis-appearing over other elements making the page very difficult to edit.

My concern is that the website I finished a few month ago is a bit complex and the client is not that patient, so I’d like to be sure that the upgrade is really necessary before starting the process (with the risk of messing with the website’s layout or the woocommerce shop).
Actually I don’t have issues on the front-end, only in the back-end.

Thanks for your help.
Alessandro

Hi Alessandro,

Thanks for your input!

1.) If you are using The Grid element on some of your pages then you have two choices. First, upgrade your X to Pro to make it work or Second, replace the The Grid element to something else to match up your current design.

2.) I guess your misunderstood the issue here, we are talking about The Grid element not the Classic The Grid element for The Grid plugin.

3.) You don’t have to worry, the foundation of X and Pro is just the same, they are just different from the advanced features like Layout Builder, Header Builder, Loopers, The Grid and etc.

Just in case, If you are planning to upgrade your X to Pro, I suggest that you take a full backup of your website.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.