Hello,

I just updated Cornerstone and now a page doesn’t display:

https://www.lauraletchingerart.com/x/content/16000

I get this error:

Could you please advise?
Thanks very much,
Laura

Hi Laura,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I believe you were using the Grid element before, please note that Grid element is only available in Pro. There was an issue with this when using stand-alone Cornerstone plugin, please see Grid element missing after update to version 8.1.5 which has been fixed in the latest release.

You need to upgrade to Pro to be able to use the Grid element. Undefined means the element does not exist. For this case, the Grid element is only available in Pro.

If my assumption is incorrect, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thanks.

Hi Nabeel,

Thank you for your reply; I just sent a secure note . . .

Best,
Laura

Hey Laura,

Thank you for providing the credentials. Upon checking it does look like you were using Grid element which is only available in Pro. To continue using the Grid element you need to upgrade to Pro or you can remove the element from the page.

Also please update X theme to the latest version as you have updated Cornerstone but haven’t updated X. This is to avoid the compatibility issues.

Hope this helps!

Thank you for checking Nabeel . . .
Upgrading to Pro is too overwhelming for me. So I will try to re-create this page within my existing subscription. . . Can you please help me do that by finding that page (it’s now disappeared for me) and sending the content to me? I don’t have it saved anywhere else. . .

I would try removing the grid element, but I don’t have access to anything on the backend. . .

Many thanks,
Laura

Hey Laura,

Please edit the page again and then go to the Layout tab. You will see the skeleton structure of the page. You can still recover some of the elements added inside the grid. Just insert a row element in your column and then drag the elements under the “Undefined Elements” to the newly created columns.

You can then delete the “Undefined Element” later on.

Hope this makes sense.

Hi Ruenel, thanks for your reply. . …

For some reason when I opened the page on in Cornerstone this time, the content showed up … . But when I add a row element (into a new section), it won’t take; I get the same error message about an undefined element. The row still comes in as various grid options I think. . . I’m confused why I can’t seem to use them. If my subscription doesn’t support grid, why is it automatically coming up as my only option?

Many thanks,
Laura

Hey Laura,

In your preferences, Preferences > Content Layout Element, please select Row only. The grid is only supported when using the Pro theme. The Grid selection should not be there or that has been switched before the updates and created the issues.

Hope this makes sense.

Hi Ruenel,

Ok … just did that under preferences. I’m still stuck trying to move forward. I would greatly appreciate it if you could go in and fix this page for me; there’s not that much on it :slight_smile: Would you mind? I’m really stuck.

Thank you,
Laura

Hey Laura,

The Row has been selected as your Content Layout Element already. You can now add a section to your page.

Cheers.

OK great!
I was able to complete the page . . . Thanks very much for your help!

Best,
Laura

You are most welcome Laura.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.