WPML - Pro v3 - The preview could not load due to the iframe response being incomplete

hi there,

i now spend many hours trying to solve this problem on my own. read a lot of forum posts and followed lots of advise. from here

and here

for example.
i deactivaed all! the plugins, switched themes, deleted chaches, etc.

i decided to stay on pro v3 because v4 made lots of problems with wpml.

i can go easily into edit mode for the page and then choose the new language at the very bottom right. the flags. then a message pops up: awesome translation created! but after that this error message shows up.

btw: i follow these instructions: https://theme.co/docs/wpml

but after choosing the other language (in my case english) the error message comes up. no matter what i try. this worked on a copy of the site updated to pro v4, though. but this new theme update caused other problems.

pls see secure not to admin access.

thanks a lot for your help and time! best wishes, kai

1 Like

Hey @iTurtle,

Thanks for writing in!

Please change the language URL format and test your site again.

You can find this setting in WPML > Language.

Regards.

dear rue,
thanks for your tipp and it worked! hurray!!! such an easy fix :slight_smile:
so now i wonder if i should use wpml with pro v4 or pro v3. which would be best and produces less problems?
thanks again! kai

Hello Kai,

If you are working on a staging site, you can update to Pro theme 4.1.5 and check it out. Just keep a backup so that you can always revert back to Pro 3.x.x.

Best Regards.

dear rue,
thanks for your reply!
my question was rather if - from your experience and knowledge - you would prefer pro v3 or pro v4 in combination with wpml.
i have 2 staging sites one with each. only in v4 i find the language option for global blocks, though. but in another topic i try to clarify if they actually work automatically or if i have to replace them manually on the other language pages. also i get an error when trying to create such a block in another languae (could not be created).
so that leaves me a little unsure which combination is working best (v3 or v4 with wpml)
thanks again for your help! have nice day and weekend! kai

Hi Kai,

For now, you need to manually copy a global block and then add it to the translated version of a page.

Thanks

hi tristup,
thanks for the information. i figured that out by now.
but please read my last questions here. could you please tell me what your experience (through doing support for the theme) is regarding pro v3 or pro v4 in combination with wpml?
thanks again! kai

Hi Kai,

It seems that you are having the issue with Global Blocks and WPML, the previous stable version i.e 3.2.3 was working fine. While you reported this was found that the fix was not added officially may be due to some complications. It has been already reported to our issue tracker for further investigation and fix.

Thanks

hi tristup,
could you please let me know if it should work in pro v4?
it never worked for me. also not with pro v3.
thanks again, kai

Hi Kai,

In your other thread, I have mentioned that the issue is already reported to our issue tracker for further investigation and fixes. But the issue was not there with version 3.2.3, the fix was not added officially to the updated one may be due to some complications.

Thanks for understanding

hi tristup,
yes. thanks for the info!
i will give up now on my question regarding pro v3 or pro v4 in combination with wpml and which works better.
so no more questions from me. thanks a lot and have a nice day! best regards, kai

Hi Kai,

You are most welcome, please let us know if you any further issues.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.