Wpml and global blocks in pro v4

hi there,
is this issue solved by now in the latest pro4 version? or do we still have to manually copy the global block, translate it and then replace the orginal block with the new translated one on other language pages?

also i get an error that the global block could not be created when trying to create a different language version of the block.
i mention this again because repsonse times are very long these days.
thanks again! kai

Hi kai,

This issue was fixed since Pro version 3.2.3, but we’ll re-check this issue again. And if found we will report this into the issue tracker and queued for investigation and fixing by our development team.
Alternatively, you can save the global block as a template using the Template Manager. You then load the template in a new global block with a different language and add each global block to each respective page.

Thanks

hi Tristup,

thanks for your help and reply!

as i wrote i can’t even test the language switching of a global block (i just came across the problem in the forum and only found hints that this is a problem not yet solved) becaus i cannot create one. i get an error message saying the block could not be created (after clicking on the new language flag at the bottom of the page builder).

so this is the most pressing issue i have.

also i cant follow your put-a-block-into-a-template idea. why then not just create a second global block for the other language and then replace it manually. why the template??? what did i miss?

so please have a closer look at the “cant create the block” issue. you can test yourself. i left some infos in the secure note.

thanks a million! best wishes, kai

Hey Kai,

Regarding:

That is for copying the contents of the Global Block. Tristup meant you still need to manually copy.

For now, you still need to manually copy a block then add it to the translated version of a page. The bug fix Tristup mentioned was not added officially maybe due to complications.

hi christian,
thanks for your reply and clarifying the issue!
so i know what to do now.
but please note the block creation error. that should not be happening and caused me now a few days delay in the project. attached the error message for your bug-squashing-team :wink:
best wishes, kai wpml-create-block

Hi Kai,

Thanks for pointing out.

hi tristup,
could you please elaborate a litte on that? is that an offical bug or only happening to me? i am trying to get an answer to that for a whole week by now…
thanks, kai

Hi Kai,

Your question has been already answered in the following thread.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.