Setting cornerstone preferences and finding the header

I have watched the the eco cornerstone instructional videos but it has no relation to what I have on screen.

There is no way to set up the preferences. When I click the ‘cornerstone’ button I get a list of pages with no setting option at the bottom

So I can’t even set my menus tot the left or change to light theme, let alone get in and edit the header

Yes I have the latest version

Hello @Keith13,

Thanks for writing to us.

To help you with your concerns we need to check your settings, I would request please share the admin login details meanwhile I would suggest you troubleshoot a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings. Please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin-level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Happy to do that, but I have the regular site and a staging server version. I can’t verify X on the staging server version as it says the validation number is already used.

Which one do you want access to?.

Hello @Keith13,

In case you have a staging server setup please share the staging server login credentials so that we can check it on our end without breaking your live site. You can validate the staging server, you need to go to the Themeco account dashboard —>register website—>click on the add staging button.

Thanks

Hi,

I updated all thugings an verified the X, and I can see some of the settings.

Can’t create a separate header though

Here in securenote is what you need

Hello @Keith13,

I checked your site it seems that the cornerstone settings icon is visible at the moment you can customize your preference as per your requirement. In case you want to customize the Header you need to go to the cornerstone—>Theme options —>Header. In case you want to create a custom Header, regretfully there is no option for that on the X theme you need to upgrade it to the Pro theme to get the Header/Footer builder.

Thanks

Yes the options became visible after I updated the plugins

To get the custom header, do I upgrade X or Cornerstone to ‘Pro”… seemed a bit expensive to pay £40 a months just to have a different header.

Hi Keith,

Regretfully, the Header Builder is exclusively available with Pro only.

Thanks

So its Cornerstone I need to upgrade to Pro… , not X?

Hello @Keith13,

No, you need to upgrade the X theme to the Pro theme, ​The Pro theme has more advanced features than the X theme such as Header/Footer builder and Layout builder. You can use Pro Header/Footer builder to create a custom Header/Footer for the page, posts, archive page, etc. You can create a custom layout for blog pages, category archive pages, and tag archive pages. You can also create custom layouts for the WooCommerce shop page, Product archive page, and Product details page as well.

https://theme.co/docs/footer-builder​

​In the X theme, you need to install the Cornerstone page builder plugin separately from the X theme bundled plugin whereas in the Pro theme, you don’t need to install the Cornerstone page builder separately. The Cornerstone page builder plugin is inbuilt with the Pro theme.

​You may check out our doc to learn more about the difference between X and Pro themes.

Hope it helps
Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.