Set Up Products in WooCommerce

Hi guys,
I upgraded my X theme and I am using the Pro version for the first time, so far so good. This site will be mostly a catalog to display various products - nothing will be for sale on the site, just to gather information.
I decided to use WooCommerce + Crafty

I have some questions on how to start building the site.

These are some of the categories and sub-categories we will use.

INDOOR

• Pendant
  • Chandelier
  • Vanity Light

OUTDOOR

• Wall Light
  • Post Light

category in other to have them in the navigation bar or this should just be categories inside of WooCommerce?

Hi @LucyKeile,

There is no such difference between the X and Pro excepts for a few extra elements along with the Layout and Header & Footer Builder.

As I am able to understand your point, you want to show the Categories and Sub Categories in the Navigation menu. If that is the case, you can create a Menu from Appearance > Menus and add the Categories and Sub Categories as menu and sub-menu items, and use that specific menu in the Navigation Inline element in the customize header.

I would suggest you go through the following article & the videos on how to create a customized header using Header builder and set up the navigation.

If that is not the case and you are trying to point out something else, please provide any screenshot or any video that helps us to understand what exactly you are trying to acheive.

Thanks

Thank you so sending all this. I watched all the videos and finally subscribed to the channel!
You are correct I want to add in the navigation my product category and sub-categories. I created the categories in WooCommerce but they don’t show up as an option once i go to appearance > Menus (?)

Hello @LucyKeile,

In case if you are not able to see the product category in the menu option to add. You need to go to Appearance —>Menu—>Screen Option —>Please click on the Product Category check box to get the Product category list to add to the menu. Please have a look at the given screenshot below.

Hope it helps
Thanks

Fantastic! I see it now.
Can you point me on how I would use images like this in navigation?

Hello @LucyKeile,

To add an image in the submenu you will need a mega menu. You can use the mega menu element. Please have a look at our documentation to learn more about how to set up a mega menu.

You may check out the video documentation as well.

Thanks

these is great!
I try to customize the look of my product page but I cant !Screen Shot 2021-06-03 at 3.55.40 PM

Hey @LucyKeile,

Did you create a WC Single layout? To better assist you with your issue, kindly provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Thanks.

I signed up for ONE - and got help there. thanks

Hi Lucy,

You’re welcome and it’s our pleasure to help you! If you have any other concerns or clarifications regarding our theme features, feel free to open up a new thread.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.