Portfolio slider/gallery

It’s been a while since I updated my folio so apologise for this simple question. I want to add a folio page with a simple content layout:
Text 01
Gallery 01
Text 02
Gallery 02

I added the classic slider (we do have better options now?) but I can’t find a way to add images inside.
As far as I remember back in the days you needed to add images to wp gallery and then adding the code in the text field of the component. Hope this is still not the case.

Am I missing something?
thanks

Pro user with updated version

Hello @MrK,

Thanks for writing to us.

To add a gallery to the Portfolio posts, please have a look at this video tutorial to learn more about how to set up a gallery.

If it doesn’t work for you, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • Exact page URL

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Thank you Prakash I will check the video.
What about “modern slider”? Can’t find the component for those inside my list.

Hello @MrK,

In case you are using the Cornerstone page builder inside the Portfolio post content then you can add the modern slider inside the Portfolio content.

Test-Page-Builder-Pro (10)
You need to select any of the sliders from the presets slider list.

Since you are a Pro theme user I would suggest you must create a Single Portfolio layout through the Layout builder you can render the Portfolio content with a Modern slider properly .

In case you have not seen our doc of layout builder please have a look at it

You may check the video tutorial as well.

Please note you must assign the layout as well, please have a look at our doc to learn more about how to assign the layouts.

Hope it helps
Thanks

Helps a lot thanks I will check those guides. As per “Single Portfolio layout” you mean the layout of each single “post” inside my folio correct? I create a master single folio element layout basically?

Hello @MrK,

Please note you need to create only one Single layout for the portfolio post and it would render all of your portfolio post content.

Hope it helps
Thanks

Dear Prakash, I checked the Layout option. Really good but how can I use more variables? I want to do something simple like this picture.

There is a way to pull out different variables? like content 02 , content 03 etc?
Same for the sliders.
Otherwise templates seem a better choice but I waited so long for these Layout option

Thanks for the help

I managed to create a template instead of a layout that works well.
As per image I’m using the Slider stacked option

All good but I would like the option to view full screen the picture when clicked, is that possible?

Hello @MrK,

In case you want to open the image in the lightbox please have a look at this thread for reference to learn more about how to open an image in the lightbox on click event.

Hope it helps
Thanks

That worked great!
Also if I use the same lightbox-01 on all the images I get like a full size slider.
And I can style the lightbox as I want with css.

I guess it will be too much to ask to have it triggered by a bottom right icon instead of the full picture? [ ]

Hello @MrK,

I have tested with the slider element and it works fine at my end. Please have a look at the given screenshot below for the reference structure.
Test-Page-Builder-Pro (13)

Added a custom class on the image
Test-Page-Builder-Pro (14)

You need to add an image and enable the link option and add the image URL for the lightbox

Now you need to add the same image class to your selector shortcode

Test-Page-Builder-Pro (15)

Yes you may customize the style of the lightbox through the custom CSS code as per your design

Regretfully there is no option to trigger it using a button or icon.

Hope it helps
Thanks

Hi Prakash,
yes it works perfect thank you!

After all these years I’m still impressed with your support.

Thank you

Hello @MrK,

Glad that we were able to help you. Please feel free to open a new thread if you have any more concerns.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi again sorry to bother you.
I setup the 3 lightbox galleries as per your advice

Gallery 1:
all images have the class lightbox-01
and the raw content have: [lightbox selector=".lightbox-01"]

This works well but when I try to add more to the raw content it stops working

So for example I have now:

[lightbox selector=".lightbox-01" deeplink=“true” opacity=“0.875” prev_scale=“0.75” prev_opacity=“0.75” next_scale=“0.75” next_opacity=“0.75” orientation=“horizontal” thumbnails=“true”]

[lightbox selector=".lightbox-02" deeplink=“true” opacity=“0.875” prev_scale=“0.75” prev_opacity=“0.75” next_scale=“0.75” next_opacity=“0.75” orientation=“horizontal” thumbnails=“true”]

This doesn’t work

Also I wanted to add previous and next button to lightbox but I can’t find that option in the shortcode

This is the structure:

Hey @MrK,

I tested multiple lightboxes on my site and they work. There might be a setup error on your end. Please first try simple lightboxes like the following.

[lightbox selector=".lightbox-01"]
[lightbox selector=".lightbox-02"]

Then, add attributes one at a time to see what causes the issue. Also, please temporaraily deactivate all 3rd party plugins and remove custom codes to ensure no 3rd party code is causing the issue.

Please note though that we no longer recommend the use of our shortcodes as they are prone to setup errors.

By the way, the side images are the Previous and Next buttons. There’s no option to change them.

Thanks.

Thank you I use a textedit to copy and paste I think it was a " issue.
Now it works thanks for the help

Regarding the shortcodes, is there another way to use a lightbox in Pro?

thanks

Hi @MrK,

Glad that helps, and unfortunately, there is no other way to use the lightbox.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.