Help please, I have a problem recently.
Suddenly I can’t assign header and footer anymore, which I created in the pro version.
I duplicated the once I had and now it is only showing the header from the theme but not the pro version.
Help please, I have a problem recently.
Thanks for reaching out!
Please make sure that you have an updated Pro theme and there could be a plugin or custom code that affects your website behavior.
I recommend the following troubleshooting procedures before we investigate the settings.
- TESTING FOR THEME RELATED ISSUE
- TESTING FOR PLUGIN CONFLICT
- THEME UPDATE
- CHILD THEME
- CSS/JS CUSTOMIZATION
- VERSION COMPATIBILITY
Only if none of that helps, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.
- WordPress Login URL
- Admin level username and password
You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.
Thanks for sharing the login details but it seems that you have not given the administrator privilege to this user account. We need admin-level permission of this user account to investigate your settings.
Yes, sorry. Should work now.
I have logged in and check your headers in Pro > Headers. Both the Home DE and Home EN headers were only assigned to the “Page (Specific) is Ressourcen” page.
If you want to assign this header to the entire site, you will have to use “Entire Site” as the condition.
If you are not familiar with the conditions and assignments of the headers, please check out this documentation:
I tried that before and it didnt work.
´Did you check if it works?
Also I don´t want it to be the whole website.
I have different headers and footers for different pages and languages coming
I have created a new header and tried to assign it to the Entire site and it didn’t work. There might be some different reasons behind your issue, I would like to suggest troubleshoot the following common issue to help us to recognize the reason.
If you discover that an issue is coming from a custom code or 3rd party plugin, kindly consult with a developer or contact the plugin author. Please note that we do not provide support for custom codes and 3rd party plugins.
If that does not helps, please copy your live site to a staging server so we could troubleshoot freely without breaking your live site.
And give us access in the secure note including:
– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password
To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.
I already got this meassage and this fixes didnt work
Is there any way you can deactivate and the WP Rocket completely from the site? I can’t seem to deactivate that plugin from the admin dashboard. Do you have an account with WP Rocket can you CLEAR the cache directly from WP Rocket account dashboard and put the site in development for a while?
Your issue seems to be very similar to this one resolves yesterday.
Let us know how it goes,
No I dont have an account with them. I didn install it either.
I try to contact them but no luck so far.
What to do?
I would suggest you clean the cache of WP Rocket manually. Please have a look at this article.
After cleaning all the cache I would suggest you use FTP or Cpanel to deactivate the cache plugin. For that, you need to go to this location **\wp-content\plugins**. I would suggest your find the wp-rocket directory and rename it.
Please note you must have database and files backup before performing these steps.
Now set the custom Header and check your site. If it doesn’t work for you I would suggest you deactivate and delete the Pro theme and download the Pro theme for the Themeco dashboard account and reinstall the Pro theme.
In case if it doesn’t work for your please share your FTP details in the secure note.
Hope it helps
I have taken the investigation further and I found out that there is a conflict between the header assignments and the Polylang plugin. This has already been added to our issue tracker and will be looked into by our development team. I cannot make any promises relating to a fix at this stage. I will add a note to the tracker referencing your report though so our dev team can see there are multiple reports of the issue.
If you want an alternative translation plugin, the WPML is highly recommended.
Please bear with us.
This solved the problem but only partly.
Normal header is assigned but I want a different header for this page for example
Header is Home EN
Assigne special page but doesnt work
plugin polylang is not installed anymore so that can´t be the issue this time
It seems that the Header DE is set with the Entire Site condition which is overriding the Home EN condition for the specific page. In this overlapping situation, you need to set the priority, the lowest priority will be used in this case.
I went ahead and set the priority to -1 and now the header is set to the specific page.
This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.