Layouts disappeared on Theme update (6.0)

Today we updated to the latest version of the theme on 20+ sites. It worked fine on all but one. On this site, the header assignment chosen was “entire site” yet it displayed the classic header. I cleared the cache, cookies, etc., deselected the assignment and then reassigned it, but none of these things worked. Additionally, the layouts were not working. I didn’t look at the layouts at the time because this is an e-commerce site and I needed to get it working correctly, quickly. So I rolled back to the previous version of the theme, and everything is working fine now – except, the layouts have all disappeared. I had 20+ layouts (for custom shop category layouts that use a facet (using Facet WP) to custom filter products. I saw in a previous thread that some custom PHP in the functions.php file caused the issue in that case.

Are the layouts stored in the database? If so, what tables? Can I export them and reimport them using the template upload system?

I’ll test on staging and deactivate all plugins and remove custom functions and see if that restores the layouts but if it doesn’t, I really do not want to rebuild those all from scratch.

I have tested on staging after rolling back to 5.1.5 and I did everything mentioned in this post:

In her case, layouts were still appearing on the front end. In my case they are not. As mentioned, we updated to Pro 6.0, but then rolled back due to the header not working even though there was a header in Cornerstone and it was set to entire site.

On staging I disabled all plugins. I removed all custom PHP from the functions.php file in the Child Theme. I also removed custom css/javascript in the theme option. Layouts are still not appearing.

Unfortunately, I didn’t save those as .tco files. In the future, I will, but I did not realize that was necessary. How do these simply disappear?

Login credentials are included in secure note.

Please hold off on logging in. I am going to try to update to 6.0.2 on staging and see if that fixes it. I will update when I do.

I updated to 6.0.2. At least the Layouts are no longer missing for woo commerce categories, shop, single, etc. now. But archive layouts are broken. When I try to edit them, they show the classic header and footer and all of the elements that I added show missing elements.

Maybe it has to do with what I read in this thread about woocommerce Pro 6.0: Error after updating

“This issue will be fixed in 6.0.2 Misho. Product Taxonomy archives were being labeled as singles internally.” !

Looking at the error logs, I see this error:

2023-01-02T22:51:44+00:00 CRITICAL Uncaught Exception: Class Themeco\Cornerstone\Elements\BreakpointData not found in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/Util/IocContainer.php:72
Stack trace:
#0 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/Plugin.php(76): Themeco\Cornerstone\Util\IocContainer->resolve()
#1 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/Elements/Migrations.php(238): Themeco\Cornerstone\Plugin->resolve()
#2 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/Elements/Migrations.php(77): Themeco\Cornerstone\Elements\Migrations->query_style_migrations()
#3 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/Elements/Migrations.php(19): Themeco\Cornerstone\Elements\Migrations->migrate_element()
#4 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/Services/Elements.php(332): Themeco\Cornerstone\Elements\Migrations->migrate()
#5 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/Services/Elements.php(263): Themeco\Cornerstone\Services\Elements->upgrade_classic_element()
#6 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/Services/Elements.php(48): Themeco\Cornerstone\Services\Elements->upgrade_classic_elements()
#7 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(308): Themeco\Cornerstone\Services\Elements->init()
#8 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(332): WP_Hook->apply_filters()
#9 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(517): WP_Hook->do_action()
#10 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/wp-settings.php(617): do_action()
#11 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/wp-config.php(93): require_once('/home/509639.cl...')
#12 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/wp-load.php(50): require_once('/home/509639.cl...')
#13 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/wp-blog-header.php(13): require_once('/home/509639.cl...')
#14 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/index.php(17): require('/home/509639.cl...')
#15 {main}
  thrown in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/Util/IocContainer.php on line 72

I’m not sure why BreakpointData was not found in that file.

Issues after updating:
The header, footer, and many pages and layouts (all built with Pro) were broken, but after opening them and re-saving them most of them are working.

Apart from the main issue with woocommerce archives noted above, here is one other issue to share with your developers:

I am using a background image as the featured image for blog single layout. It disappeared after the update. I looked into developer tools and saw if I set z-index to 0 instead of -1, the image appeared. It was set to auto in the layout builder for the background image element in the setup section. I updated it to 0. It’s working now, but I bet a lot of other people will have the same issue.

Please let me know if I need to wait for the next version of the theme. It was supposed to be fixed in 6.0.2 but @Misho also appears to be having an issue on one of his sites.

That BreakpointData fatal error should not happen. I would download and reupload pro manually if you having that error. Let us know if you have questions there.

We’ve had the z-index issue come up and we’ve noted this.

Thanks have a great day!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.