Layout and header not being applied on the front end

Hi Themeco Support,

I use X and Pro exclusively to build sites for clients. So I have a lot of experience with it.

We’re migrating to LearnDash for our courses and set up a test site on a server cloned with the same settings, plugins, etc., the latest version of WordPress and Pro with the Renew stack. It’s an exact clone of our production site.

Everything is working the way we want on the test site so I’m now applying these changes to production (manually since this is WooCommerce taking dozens to hundreds of orders each day). I exported and imported the header and single layout for the course post type and applied them using the same assignments as the test site but no matter what I do, I can’t get them to apply on the production site. Hosting is Cloudays (Vultr instance) and we’re using Cloudflare. Both sites are routed through Cloudflare but I notice that the production site is a lot faster.

I have cleared all caches multiple times, restarted apache, nginx, etc. but no matter what I do, I can’t get the layout or header to appear with the same assignment that I am using on our test site.

I should mention as background, that I’ve had an issue before where the layouts didn’t apply. I looked at that old topic (found here: Layouts disappeared on Theme update (6.0)). It’s not the same issue – that was a theme update – but I thought maybe what I did there (resaving the layout) might fix it, but it didn’t. I’ll delete and reupload the layout and header and see if that fixes it.

Here’s the test site single layout and header on the front end which is correct: https://staging.sandiegoseedcompany.com/courses/growing-together-monthly-membership/

Here’s the production site layout and header on the front end (it’s applying the standard renew template instead of the single layout and applying the main site header): https://sandiegoseedcompany.com/courses/growing-together-monthly-membership/

Hi @toddbenton,

Thanks for reaching out.
It is very difficult to recognize the issue without investigating it. As it is working in the Staging site, I would suggest you compare the page settings, and header assignments there might be something within that. If you didn’t find that, please provide login credentials for your site in a secure note to examine it further, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

@tristup

It’s working now. I did a hard refesh a few days later and I am now seeing the correct layout and header. It was a caching issue. We have agrressive caching with both Cloudflare and Cloudways so sometimes I have to wait becuase even after clearing everything and restarting the server it doesn’t seem to clear everything. But I don’t want to sacrifice the speed because it took me a long time to get these settings all correct where the site is way faster than any other options I tried – faster than using WP Rocket even which just slowed it down both times I tried it.

Thanks, Todd

You are most welcome, Todd.