Custom layout builts disappeared but content is still visible front-end

Hi!

I can’t figure out what happened to this shop page built with the Layout builder. The custom layout is still visible front-end but all my custom layouts are gone from the archive.

I want to change the headline Literature to something else but I’m afraid if I do, it’s all gonna disappear.

Please help.

Screen Shot 2022-11-04 at 10.36.36

Hi @Lobsterass,

Thanks for reaching out.
I have checked the page and found the problem as described here. There might be some different reasons behind your issue, I would like to suggest troubleshooting the following common issue to help us to recognize the reason.

1. Theme Related Issue
  2. Plugin Conflict
  3. Theme Update related issue
  4. Child Theme Related issue
  5. CSS/JS Customization
  6. Disabling Cache
  7. Disabling CDN

If you discover that an issue is coming from a custom code or 3rd party plugin, kindly consult with a developer or contact the plugin author. Please note that we do not provide support for custom codes and 3rd party plugins.
If none of the above help, please copy your live site to a staging server so we could troubleshoot freely without breaking your live site.
And give us access to the secure note including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

Hi @tristup

I have done everything I can on that list. There’s no cache active. Nor CDN. WooCommerce database needs an update but I kind of wanted to hold off on that as the site is live.

The only thing changed in child functions.php is below (from this thread). I have removed it from child’s function.php now. That brought back the list of my Layouts but I still have trouble editing specifically the layout SHOP WC ARCHIVE.

There’s a secure note added above. Could you please login and check for any clues? Otherwise I don’t know where to start.

// Additional Functions
// =============================================================================

function JustProductFilter($query){
if ($query->is_search){
$query->set(‘post_type’, ‘product’);
}
return $query;
}
add_filter(‘pre_get_posts’,‘JustProductFilter’);

Hi @Lobsterass,

It seems that code might be the reason. I have just checked the Layout Builder, and it shows all the Layout listed.

If you still need the code, you may need to add an additional clause to it. Please go through the following thread which explains that.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Hi!

No, it does not work. I don’t get a preview of what I’m doing on Shop WC Archive.Test again please and you’ll see what I mean. Layout for product single works, but not the archive.
Screen Shot 2022-11-04 at 17.11.02

Hello @Lobsterass,

You will need to select the “Shop” page in the preview page selector.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

1 Like

Ah! Sorry!

No problem.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.