JS error Uncaught TypeError reading length

Hello,
on the portfolio page when using the category filter I get this error:
jquery-migrate.min.js?ver=3.3.2:2 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading ‘length’)
at init.s.fx.s.Tween.run (jquery-migrate.min.js?ver=3.3.2:2:6779)
at u (jquery.min.js?ver=3.6.0:2:59565)
at Function.S.fx.tick (jquery.min.js?ver=3.6.0:2:64608)
at ot (jquery.min.js?ver=3.6.0:2:58967)

And the filter is not working

Disabled all other plugins, changed back from child theme, disabled caching, removed js customizations
nothing helped…

Can you help?
Thnx

Hello @jimrol,

Thanks for writing to us.

It might be the issue of version compatibility. Please make sure your theme, plugins, WordPress, and the PHP version are updated as per our version compatibility page. I would suggest you please purge all the cache. I would suggest you troubleshoot with a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing For Theme Related Issue
  2. Testing For Plugin Conflict
  3. Theme Update
  4. Child Theme
  5. Css/Js Customization
  6. Increasing Php Memory Limit
  7. Disabling Cache
  8. Disabling Cdn
  9. Permalinks
  10. Version Compatibility

If it doesn’t work, I would suggest you follow these steps.

1. Activate the default theme of WordPress and deactivate the Pro theme
  2. Delete the Pro theme
  3. Download the fresh copy of the Pro theme from the Themeco account dashboard
  4. Reinstall the Pro theme

If none of those work, It would be best if you could copy your live website to your staging area. and send your details in a secure note so that we can investigate your setting without breaking your live site. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • FTP Details

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hi Prakash,
I upgraded my licence from x theme to pro because it was offered to me but without knowing exactly what is the difference…

Is it safe for me to replace my x theme with the new pro theme? Is it sort of the same?

Thanks
Jim

Hello Jim,

Yes, you can upgrade to the Pro theme since the Pro theme is an upgraded and advanced version of the X theme. It has more extra features than the X theme. You would get the Header & Footer builder in the Pro theme. There is a Layout builder as well, you can create a custom design for the Archive page and Post details page as well. You can also get an option to design the WooCommerce shop page, WooCommerce single Product. You can upgrade your X theme to a Pro theme.

It is a good practice to have a backup of the database and WordPress files before updating anything on the websites.

Thanks

Thank you!

Hey @jimrol,

After upgrading the theme, if you still encounter your JS error, I have a hunch that the issue is related to a known bug. Kindly check out this thread for the resolution of the issue:

Best Regards.

Aaaarrgghhh… yes that was the solution!
I have been working on this for hours without getting any further.

I don’t understand why I did not get a notification of your reply. Because now I just on accident checked this ticket and saw you already posted this solution 3 days ago.

Also, why was this problem not fixed in the most recent versions of the theme? I see this solution was already offered in januari!!

And, lastly, why didn’t there ring a bell when I posted my ticked since is is a known bug with the portfolio filter?

Sorry to be so negative, but I noticed many opportunities for this bug to be solved much sooner and me not waisting many hours bughunting…

Thanks,
Jim

Hi Jim,

Glad that ultimately the issue is resolved.

Thanks

Hello trisup
Yes!
But I also would like some answers on my questions above.

• I don’t understand why I did not get a notification of your reply. Because now I just on accident checked this ticket and saw you already posted this solution 3 days ago.

• Also, why was this problem not fixed in the most recent versions of the theme? I see this solution was already offered in januari!!

• And, lastly, why didn’t there ring a bell when I posted my ticked since is is a known bug with the portfolio filter?

Thank you.
Jim

Hi Jim,

Please find the answer to your questions.

1. It might be some custom code or plugin which is blocking the Notification for the update.

2. The solution was provided in January after integrating it into the upcoming release, which is not released yet.

3. It has always been notified through your email, I would suggest you check your Email ID on this case.

Thanks

Thanks for your reply but I find the answers not really satisfying…

1. ?? Not sure what you mean by this.
    I have the latest theme installed. No problem there. But it did not have the bug fix.

2. Januari right? Now it is already april. With one line of code the bug is solved. And it still is not in the latest theme??

3. Just checked again. Also in the spamfolder. No notification of forum reply’s…

Thnx

Hello @jimrol,

1.) The fix is not included in the latest release yet. We already have a beta version for an upcoming release which will be including the fix for this issue.

2.) Yes, you are correct. We apologized for the inconvenience. Actually, the line of code is just a temporary fix. There were changes in WordPress over the past few WP updates which why the fix will only be included in the upcoming release version. By the way, we do not have an ETA for this upcoming release. We highly recommend that you check out our Blog section and changelog for the updates.

3.) Please go to your Themeco account and check your Notification and Email Settings.

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.