ConvertPlus Not Saving — Return of the JS Error (Take 2)

Hi folks,

Apologies on having to open another question—I was waiting for client approval to give credentials and the original topic closed out on me.

I’ll add credentials to our staging server beneath this post. Please let me know if you see anything.

/// Here is the original post:

Having issues with ConvertPlus not being able to save, similar to the error described in Dec '20.

I’m getting 4 errors, repeated:

Uncaught TypeError: this._addClass is not a function (autocomplete.min.js?ver=1.12.1:9)

jquery.min.js?ver=3.5.1:2 Uncaught TypeError: this._addClass is not a function

slider.min.js?ver=1.12.1:9 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'stop' of undefined

Uncaught TypeError: e.data.replace is not a function at receiveMessage (customizer.js?ver=3.5.17:37)

The last error is the only one that appears to be coming from the CP plugin. I’ve cleared my cache, server cache, updated all plugins, etc. Could there be some jQuery version + CP+ WP conflict?

Hello @lukefinsaas,

I went ahead and checked your staging site it seems that you are not using the latest version of the theme can you please update the theme and Cornerstone plugin to the latest version 8.2.3 and 5.2.3 respectively. Please make sure your theme and Cornerstone plugin updated as per our version compatibility

In case if it is not working after the update please let us know.

Thanks

Hi @prakash_s,

I’ve updated the theme and cornerstone (tried the uninstalling Cornerstone idea from the previous thread first, too)—no luck. Can you take a look again? I’ll send you the direct link to the problem page so you can see the console errors in a secure note.

Thanks.

Luke

Hello Luke,

Have you already tested for a plugin conflict? If you may permit us, we can put your site under construction mode, and then we can do another round for a test for a plugin conflict. The error could be coming from a 3rd party plugin that loads JS resources while editing in ConvertPlus.

Kindly let us know.

Go for it! Thank you!

I did try disabling plugins, but I may have missed something. That autocomplete plugin definitely looked suspicious to me, being the first script to error…

You are most welcome.

Hi folks,

Any discoveries? Thanks!

Hey @lukefinsaas,

This is not a returning issue but rather a conflict with your web host and or WordPress. I switched the theme to the default WordPress theme and deactivate all plugins except ConvetPlus yet the issue persists.

In my sites, this doesn’t happen so this isn’t a bug in ConvertPlus either.

If you could spin up a site in the same web host you’re in and only install the latest WP, X, Cornerstone and Convertplus and check if it will also produce the issue, that would be great as it would tell you that the conflict is really with your web host.

If you can’t replicate the issue in a fresh site, there might be something in your wp-config or htaccess that was added that caused the issue.

Hope that helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.