Add home page slider with form

Hi all, im currently building this website:

https://1stcallwedoitall.com.au/

I want to add a home page slider with a slide for Plumbing services and a slide for handyman services. Each to have text, button and request for quote form. Id like it to be full screen length too. here is an example of what i like:

https://www.templatemonsterpreview.com/demo/208077.html?_gl=11vwoqjn_gaODE1MzkzNzM1LjE2Mzk2NDMwMzU._ga_FTPYEGT5LY*MTYzOTY0MzAzNC4xLjAuMTYzOTY0MzA0Mi41Mg…&_ga=2.184729129.1253925949.1639643035-815393735.1639643035

Hi @nicholaspanetta,

Thanks for reaching out.
You can use the Modern Slider elements to add the Form shortcode into it, or else you can try by using the Slider Revolution for similar purposes.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Thanks for your response tristup. I’ve installed Smart Slider. The problem now is, im having trouble adding a new element block above the text on the Home Page. Im trying to drag and drop the element as i normally would, but it wont let me place anything anywhere. I’ve tried a html element, slider element. What is the best way to add the slider to the home page? How would you do it with Modern Slider?

Thanks

Hello @nicholaspanetta,

You can insert a Raw Content element and then insert the SmartSlider shortcode inside it. You can also use the new Slider element:

Check out the video tutorial here:

Best Regards.

Thanks for your response @ruenel, but i’m having trouble adding another section. I’ve included a screen shot with markup. I’m just adding an element and trying to drag and drop the Raw Content element, but it only lets me place it in the existing text element.

I’ve highlighted a red box where i want the slider to go.

Hello @nicholaspanetta,

In order to help you with your concern, we need to check your settings. Please share a marking screenshot where you want to add the slider. Please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • Exact page URL

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Thanks @prakash_s, i’ve shared the secure note with you, hopefully you can see it.

The slider needs to go on the home page. I’ve attached a screen shot of where and how i want it.

Thanks,

Hello @nicholaspanetta,

I have added the slider shortcode in the Raw content element as you have mentioned. Please have a look at the settings.

Thanks

Thank you so much. I felt like i was on the right track but i guess i was expecting to physically see the block in the preview section like i did with the text block/element. Just by dragging and dropping the element where i want it to go.

So if i want to set up something like this in future, i build by section> row> column> content and then it should appear?

Did you add this via cornerstone?

one more thing. Now i want to add a contact form widget to the right side of the website on all pages. What is the best way to do that?

Hello @nicholaspanetta,

Thanks for writing to us.

Yes, If you want to add any shortcode you can use the Raw content element as I have used for your slider.

If you are using a sidebar you can add the widget to the sidebar widget area. To add a widget you need to go to the Dashboard ---->Appreance ----> Widget—>Add the widgets here.

Thanks

Hmmmm, i’ve tried adding Contact Form> Contact Form 7 widget in both Main Sidebar and Contact Form Sidebar (new one i created) and neither are showing on the live site.

Hello @nicholaspanetta,

No sidebar is displayed because you have selected a “Fullwidth” Content Layout.

Please go to Cornerstone > Theme Options > Layout and Design. You need to select “Content/Sidebar” or “Sidebar/Content” in order to display a a sidebar.

Once the sidebar is displayed, if you do not want to display a sidebar on a page like in your homepage, you will have to edit that page and change the page template from the default into Fullwidth or Blank No Container page template. For more details about the different page templates in the theme, please check this out:

Best Regards.

Thanks @ruenel. It’s working on the internal pages but not on the home page, but if i go to the home page specifically and change the layout it works.

However what i’d like to do on the home page is have the form to the right side of the text section. I’m trying to change the layout of that section to 2/3 (text) 1/3 (form) but i cant see anywhere to change it and even adding a new section, it doesn’t seem to apply. I’ve never had this much trouble using a template before, sorry.

Hello @nicholaspanetta,

Do you want something like this?

You will have to click on the Row element and then adjust the Column Layout:

You can also do it responsively so that on smaller screens, the columns will collapse into 1 column only. You can do that by clicking on the work “Template” to launch the Responsive Style. If you are not familiar with it yet, please check this out:

Hope this helps.

Perfect. Thank you so much or your help with everythnig to date @ruenel. You’ve really really helped out a lot. Sorry to drag this on.

Much appreciated. Great work.

Nick

You are most welcome, Nick.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.