Theme Update to Pro Made Global Header and Footer Disappear

I’m recently updated my theme to pro and my global top bar and footer is no longer displaying on my site. I tried copying the files from them old theme but that did not work so reversed what I did.

Oh and my nav bar is missing. :scream:

How do I get my Nav Bar, Global Top bar and Global Footer to reappear on my site?

When you add the old theme and reactivate the cornerstone plugin it reappears. But I want to use the pro theme.

Hello. Just checking in. I have not heard back from you guys. Waiting on a response… My site still is broken and I would like to resolve this asap.

Hi @quiallan,

Thanks for reaching out.
I have checked your website and found that the child theme is the reason behind your issue and temporarily activating the Parenttheme resolves the issue. If you have not updated any files in the child theme, I would suggest you delete or rename the framework folder and check if that resolves your issue.

Please remember that we don’t offer any support on custom coding or modified child theme.

Thanks

There is no custom coding. This is a THEME ISSUE! I had no problems with my site before I updated the theme. My site was live and running. Why did you even mention custom coding because I never mentioned anything about programming. Again a theme issue that I expect you guys to help me fix asap.

Responses like that make me believe that you guys don’t care to offer support. If that is the case why do I invest so much into you guys. I waited two days for an update on this and my problem is not resolved.

I switched the the parent theme and that did not bring my global headers and footers back. My nav bar is back but not my global blocks. You did not help me to resolve this issue.

What happened to my global header and footer. Why are they not displaying on the site?

I copied my topbar and footer files into my child theme and that did not resolve the issue. My global blocks are still missing from my child theme.

I see them in the pro editor under global blocks but they do not appear on my site.

Please advise ASAP!!!

Add why is my nav bar missing from my child theme?

Hi @quituck,

Sorry for the frustration, but here’s the good news! I was able to find the reason behind your issue. The reason why the header and footer Global blocks is not showing on the frontend is that you customized(hardcoded) them in your X child theme.

Then I check your Pro child theme and I suspect that you copy the framework folder from the X parent theme not the X child theme. That being said, I remove the framework folder from your Pro child theme and copy the framework folder from X child then it is now showing the Top Bar and Footer Global Blocks.

Hope that helps.

I tried that and they did not show up on my site. I followed the path list in a previous thread that I had ho setting up before. See path here. Footer Global Block

I copied the folder and they still did not display. What am I doing wrong? Does it go in a new path with the new theme?

I obviously had this problem before I guess. See thread here.

I tried this too and nothing this time.

Hi @quituck,

I already applied the changes to your website and the Top Bar and Footer Global Blocks are now showing properly on the frontend. If you didn’t see the changes, please clear your browser cache or use incognito mode when checking your website.

Hope that helps.

The really appreciate all of your help with the issue. My footer and top bar is back. I see it now.

Thank you a bunch!
xoxoxox

You are most welcome, @quituck.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.