Slider revolution + flex box cell is broken

Hey Themeco,

recently on one of my website a Slider Revolution slider disappeared. It seems if I activate flex box in a cell (I need to center the slider in the cell) the slider vanishes.

I have a simple test page with two cells. Both cells contain the same slider. The right cell has flex box activated. As you can see, the right slider is not displayed:

https://ausbildung-in-barsinghausen.de/slider-test/

Not sure if this bug is related to Pro or Slider Revolution?
Hope you can fix this.

Hi @raye,

Thanks for reaching out.

There could be a plugin or custom code that affect your website.

I recommend the following troubleshooting procedures before we investigate the settings.

1. TESTING FOR THEME RELATED ISSUE
  2. TESTING FOR PLUGIN CONFLICT
  3. THEME UPDATE
  4. CHILD THEME
  5. CSS/JS CUSTOMIZATION
  6. VERSION COMPATIBILITY

Only if none of that helps, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

It happend that I just set up a fresh install with Wordpress 5.6 and Pro 4.1.3. Nothing else is installed.
The flex box bug is reproducable as well. You can see it here:
https://pyropixel.raydiy.de/beispiel-seite
The left column is without flex box, the right has flex box activated.

So I will add a secure note with login credentials for further investigation.

Hi @raye,

I have found the issue you have mentioned. I will report this issue to our issue tracker so this issue will be queued for investigation and fixing by our development team.

Thanks

Hi @raye,

I’ve reviewed the bug report for this, and I think the best thing to do moving forward is just avoid using flexbox when working with Slider Revolution. From my understanding, when the page loads, Slider Revolution identifies the dimensions of the parent element and uses that to initialize the slider. By its nature, flexbox dimensions are established by the content inside. At this time during the page load there is nothing to display so it has zero height.

I wouldn’t really consider this a bug, but just an incompatibility of two systems that weren’t originally intended to work together. We’ll reach out to the ThemePunch team to discuss in case there are alternative solutions or anything we’re overlooking that could make this work afterall.

Alright. Thanks for the update.

You are most welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.