Site broken since upgrade, tried everything

Hi there,

Since upgrading my site has been broken, I’ve tried everything but can’t find the problem.

This site doesn’t have proper backups so I need to isolate the problem and get it fixed.

Thanks in advance for your support

https://tenguproperties.com/

Hi @freedomdesign,

Thanks for reaching out.
I have checked your website and it seems working fine. The notices showing can be suppressed by adding the following code in the wp-config.php.

define( 'WP_DEBUG', false );

If that is not the case and you are trying to point out something else, please provide any screenshot marked with the issue or any video that helps us to recognize the problem.

Thanks

Hi there,

The notice I am seeing is this:

This didn’t appear before a recent update, and I can’t test old versions of X/Cornerstone since there is no place to download them.

There is a problem with the fonts (the menu, all headings) - the fonts loading are not the fonts that were in use before this issue. This ties in with the error message:

Notice : Undefined offset: 0 in **/export/sd203/www/jp/r/e/gmoserver/0/5/sd0534005/tenguproperties.com/wordpress-4.7.5-ja-jetpack_webfont-undernavicontrol/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/Services/GlobalFonts.php on line 292

Also, I have disabled the plugin “Caldera Forms” (which I use for Contact forms). If I enable it I get another massive string of errors. This worked fine before the update.

There is another install on https://tenguproperties.com/jp/ - it’s a duplicate with the text in Japanese - this is broken completely, but I need to get the English one fixed first.

Please help me get the site back to what it was before updating, or provide older versions of X/Cornerstone for me to test.

Hello @freedomdesign,

Have you turned OFF the WP Debug mode already? We would love to investigate. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hi there,

Please investigate, I have added everything you need in a secure note.

Thanks - Jade

Hello @freedomdesign,

I tried to access your login page to access the WordPress dashboard but the given login URL is not working on my end. Please recheck and send us again. Please share the FTP login details as well.

Thanks

Did you try removing the redirect code in the URL? The image you posted has a redirect after the login URL.

It works fine for me, incognito browser looks like this:

I will add FTP details in the secure note in my message above, with the other logins etc.

Since the main error message reads:
Notice : Undefined offset: 0 in /export/sd203/www/jp/r/e/gmoserver/0/5/sd0534005/tenguproperties.com/wordpress-4.7.5-ja-jetpack_webfont-undernavicontrol/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/Services/GlobalFonts.php on line 292

And there is an issue with the fonts, so I feel like it’s something to do with Cornerstone, but if I disable it the site display is obviously broken, and there’s nowhere to download older versions of X & Cornerstone to test.

Hey There,

We cannot log in:

Please double-check. Thanks.

I don’t know what to do. The login URL is correct. I can go to that login and see the Wordpress login page and login - you can see the same URL in the screenshot I showed you, and I’ve tested on different browsers after clearing cache.

It has worked until upgrading recently. If you disable the theme/plugins through FTP it could allow you to login?

Hi There,

Regretfully the FTP details are not working for me. I could not do anything. Could you please double-check?

Thanks.

Hi there,

I have updated the password in the secure note above and tested, everything should be fine now. Thanks in advance!

Hi @freedomdesign,

I have checked and found that the WP_DEBUG is true in wp-config.php. I have modified it and changed it to false, and now the Notice is not showing. Apart from that, I have already informed our development about this issue, and they are looking into it.

Thanks

Hi there,

So changing WP_DEBUG to false doesn’t fix it, it just remove the note saying what is wrong? Is this just a temporary fix while development work out what is wrong?

There is also another install (website language is in Japanese) that broke at the same time:
https://tenguproperties.com/jp/wp-login.php

It is showing a fatal error so I can’t even login. The ftp details are the same

Thanks in advance!

Hi @freedomdesign,

The notice and the warnings are not harmful in PHP and can be suppressed, still, we are looking into it and trying to fix those. The issue you are pointing to another website may be due to some other reason. I would suggest you create a new thread and share the WordPress admin credentials and FTP credentials for further investigation.

Thanks

Any update here? The fonts that were loading before don’t, so the design is broken eg the menu breaks when the screen resolution is smaller…this was all perfect before.

I stopped using X/Pro for new sites because Cornerstone/Theme/Wordpress updates break design so often and caused me too much stress, but I need to fix this one. I paid for extended support just to fix this issue. Please let me know what is going on/how to fix this. Thanks in advance

Hey @freedomdesign,

You are having a PHP memory limit exhaustion. Kindly check this documentation first:

Kindly let us know how it goes.

Hi there,

I increased the php limit to 512mb.

If I change the wp-debug to true, I still get the errors shown in the screenshot, and the fonts of my site are still different than they were before. I changed it back to false for now.

My other install is still fully broken.

Please help me.

Hey @freedomdesign,

WP Debug should always be set to false. Can you please send us the URL of the other site so we can check it as well?

Thanks.

I do have another thread open now, but it’s not getting very far.

https://tenguproperties.com/jp/

The site has the same error that this one did to start with, I don;t even know what changed with this site to get it working again.

I’ve tried disabling plugins etc but nothing helped.

With this site (this thread) the fonts are still wrong, so the menu etc is broken on some resolutions…and the font is different that it was so the site design isn’t at all how it was.

I’m lost on how to fix this and really need help.

Thanks again

This image shows how the site used to look, possibly the font for the headings is Impact? It was definitely different than it is now