Show description of category in the category page- on Ethos (Pro Theme)-

Hi, I am using the WordPress interface to add the description to the categories but it’s not showing on the category page. Is there an easy way to get around this? Thanks!

Hi @klelietta,

Thanks for reaching out.
I would suggest you go through the following thread on a similar topic.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Hi Thanks for referring me to the articles, I’ve read a bit but it’s still not clear to me. What if I want this function to work for every category page? What code should I use? Why there in’t an easy way for this important function? I don’t even know where to put such a code to be honest, I need it to optimize the pages for SEO and I’m stuck.

Thanks for helping me out

Hey @klelietta,

Given that the child theme is already installed on your website, you need to add the code on this thread in the functions.php.

If you didn’t install the child theme yet, you may download it here:

Hope that helps.

EDIT: i added to the snippet plugin under PHP and it worked perfectly! Thank you so much!!!

Just a little detail, the Title shows on top and at the bottom, how can I remove it from the bottom?

Hey @klelietta,

Would you mind sharing your admin credentials so that we can check your setup properly? To do that, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Sure thing!

Hey @klelietta,

Instead of using the snippet, we need to edit the template in order to achieve your goal. I added this file path in your pro child theme.

framework/legacy/cranium/headers/views/ethos/_landmark-header.php

then adjust the line of code starting at number 56.

After adjusting the code, it is now working properly on your category page. On the other hand, you could also customize your category page by using the Layout Builder, please check the following resource:

Please note that custom templating is outside the scope of our theme support. It just serves as a guide on how you can achieve your goal. Issues that might arise from the use of custom code and further enhancements should be directed to a third-party developer or you can avail One where we can answer questions outside of the features of our theme.

Hope that helps and thank you for understanding.

Hi, I just checked and it removed everything again… before there was the whole description etc now just the usual top header, what I needed was simply to eliminate the same header at the end of the description. Not sure what went wrong because, other than that, with the snippet it worked perfectly… Can you please advise? I’m not interested in using templates etc, jut that my description for the category shows on the page, nothing more.

Thank you :slight_smile:

Any news on the above? Thank you in advance, it was working and now I’m stuck.

Hey @klelietta,

I tried to add the a product description of your category “VISIT SARDINIA” and it is just showing fine on the frontend.

Backend:

Frontend:

Please make sure to add a description to your category so that it will display on the frontend.

Hope that helps.

I have descriptions already for the category beaches and getting around (that’s why I could see them yesterday already) and after your changes they disappeared… not sure what happened?

Oh, now I can see them again, so weird… thanks!

Hey @klelietta,

We’re glad that it is now showing properly on your end! If you have any other concerns or clarifications regarding our theme features, feel free to open up a new thread.

Thank you.

Thank you! :slight_smile:

Hey @klelietta,

You’re welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.