Replacing Archive, Search Pages that used The Grid

Several years ago (probably) I replaced our existing search, index and archive pages with The Grid. Since The Grid is no longer supported as an extension I basically wanted to hit reset on those pages and build fresh pages using the page builder.

Is the safest way to do this replacing content in the index.php file in our child theme with the index.php file in the theme? If there’s an easier/better option I am all ears too.

We’re using Pro. Website is www.guysdrinkingbeer.com.

Thanks!

Hello @karlklockars,

Thanks for writing to us.

Since you are a Pro user you have an option of Layout builder, you can create your custom archive page through the layout builder.

Please have a look at our documentation to learn more about how to create a custom archive page through the Layout builder.

You may check our video documentation as well.

Please note you need to assign the layout to your archive page.

Hope it helps
Thanks

That’s what I thought, but wanted to be sure I didn’t need to do anything to that particular file in the child theme. Thanks!

You are most welcome.

Quick follow-up. I successfully added the layout, however it’s not showing up on the actual archive page. Here’s the archive page: https://www.guysdrinkingbeer.com/archive/. It is working with categories and tags:https://www.guysdrinkingbeer.com/category/beer-labels/ though. Did I miss a step somewhere along the way?

Hello @karlklockars,

Please edit your archive layout and make sure that you have added the condition that the layout will be assigned to all Archive.

If this does not help, please provide us access to your site so that we can check your custom layout. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Thanks for the reply. I do have it set to all archives. I will include credentials in a secure note.

Hello @karlklockars,

Thanks for sharing the login details, I went ahead and checked your settings. It seems that the given page URL is a Blog page since you have set it as a Post page so to render the same layout on the blog page and archive page your assignment condition would be like this. Please have a look at the given screenshot below.

Hope it helps
Thanks

Got it! Thanks so much for the assist.

You are most welcome @karlklockars

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.