Product Category Page confusion

I’ve googled, watched looper videos, and studied other forum posts like these:

and I can’t make sense of how to make woocommerce product category pages work in Pro.

They work without issue in Twenty Twenty-Three theme. Are there any good tutorials or videos that are specific to woocommerce product category pages?

Hello Jim,

Thanks for writing in!

You will need to use the WC Archive layout.

Once you have created the layout, you may need to assign it to “Shop”:

Any design and elements that you may have on this layout will be used for your Shop index and WooCommerce archives. And if you want to have a different layout for a specific product category archive, you will have to use the “Product Category” assignment.

If you are not yet familiar with the layout builder or the conditions, please check this out:

Best Regards.

Thank you @ruenel. This part makes sense to me. Where it breaks down is filtering the products on the category pages to each specific product category. How do I do that?

Hello Jim,

Are you trying to display sub categories on a parent category archive? Please create your mock layout first so we will have an idea of what you are trying to do. Normally, when you add a product and assign them to each respective category, WordPress already creates each product category automatically. So if you added a new product and assigned it to a new category, WordPress has already created the category archive as soon as you published the product.

Can you please provide more information as to what you are wanting to do?

Thanks.

Hi @ruenel, I’m simply trying to display product category pages that contain onlyproducts in that category.

However, the current product category pages contain products that do not belong to that category.

Here’s an example:
https://jmnly.com/product-category/memberships/

Thank you!

Hello Jim,

It seems that you are using the custom layout for the category page, please make sure you are not using any looper provider since on the archive page the default loop is working so you don’t need any extra loop. If it doesn’t work for you, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin-level username and password
  • Exact layout URL

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hello @jmnly,

You are using the “Products” element which is supposed to be used in normal single pages.

For the shop index and the archives, you will need to have a Looper Consumer and create your own design to display the product items. If you are not familiar with the Looper feature, please check this out first:

Or watch this video:

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.