Pro Editor not showing changes in realtime

Just today, Pro Editor has randomly stopped showing changes I make in real-time. If I save and refresh, the changes become visible. See attached video for context.

If I logout and log back it, it seems to work again for a moment but returns to the broken state. Can’t seem to find a solution on the forum. The site is not live so feel free to jump right in.

https://tetherweightgear.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/2022-01-13-18-38-33.mkv

Just for reference, seems to be the same issue mentioned on these threads.

Hello Kevin,

Thanks for writing in! I have checked your site and edit the page several times. I can easily see the changes in the preview builder without any issues.

Kindly check out the screenshot below.

You may need to clear your browser cache or check out the extensions installed in your browser.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

@ruenel Thanks for checking this.

It was strange because it happened randomly and I did not have any caching plugins installed yet. I’ve installed WPRocket and cleared all the caches and everything seems to be working like you said.

EDIT: It only seemed to work for a minute and now no longer shows the changes again.

EDIT: I’ve disabled all browser extensions, and it seems like it has corrected the issue on Mozilla. Chrome seems to work as well. Mozilla was just updated 3 days ago so I wasn’t sure if its related to my current extensions and the new version of Firefox. I will keep editing this same reply if problems resume. Thanks for the help @ruenel.

EDIT: Mozilla 96.0 seems to be the issue. The real-time changes while editing keep stopping, even with all css removed and plugins disabled. No issues with Chrome. I will switch to editing only with Chrome until Mozilla releases a new update.

Hello Kevin,

I am another staff, I have checked it on Google Chrome Version 97.0.4692.71 and on the Mozilla 96.0 version and it is working fine at my end. I would suggest you please clear your browser cache and then check it again or check it on the private mode of the browser.

Thanks

Seems to be working again after clearing everything and using private browsing. I will let you know if it persists. This only started yesterday and seems to come and go when using Mozilla. It has never happened with Chrome. Thanks @prakash_s.

Hello Kevin,

Glad that we are able to help you. Please feel free to open a new thread if you have any more concerns.

Thanks

Same issue here, all websites (dozen of them) showing the same problem under latest version of Firefox (preview not working in the builder, sometime you have to wait a couple of minutes before the preview not rendering anymore)

Working fine with Chrome.

I think the latest update of Firefox broke something (96.0.1 on win10 x64)
Please investigate.

Thanks.

Hello @STUANDCO,

I checked my local test site on Firefox 96.0.1 (64-bit) version and it seems that it is working fine at my end. Please have a look at the given screenshot below.

I would suggest you, please follow the troubleshooting steps as mentioned in the above posts. If it doesn’t work for you I would suggest you open a new thread with your details so that we can check it at our end.

Thanks

i’ve tested all the troubleshooting mentioned above without success.
It’s not only on my computer, all my colleagues have this issue with Firefox.
Did you test it on Windows 10 ? Did you played around a couple of minutes ? Maybe close the builder and reopen it ? You often have to wait a little before the preview stop working.

I will start a new thread too, thanks.

Hi @STUANDCO,

I was able to replicate the issue in my development website using Firefox. I have already added this to our issue tracker so that our developers will be aware of the said issue. In the meantime, if you want to edit your page with live changes, please use Chrome.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.