Post showing "post" in breadcrubs

Hi,

Our posts are showing “posts” in the breadcrumb and I can’t understand why. I’m adding the url to the page in a secure note.

We have a dedicated post page set in the wordpres setting.

We have the permalink setting “/%category%/%postname%/”

Do you know what might be causing this?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Pontus,

Thanks for reaching out.
I would suggest you go through the following thread on a similar topic.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Hi,

We have the setup working on our other site though where the breadcrumb shows the archive page with it’s title instead of “posts” though. We didn’t need to add any custom code to that site.

I looked and from what I can see, the setup is the same.

So my guess is there is something else that is causing this?

To clarify, I want the breadcrumb to be there, but I want it to show the correct anchor text, which would be the page title for the archive page.

Hello @Sandberg,

Did you assign a page as the “Posts Page” in Settings > Reading > Your Homepage Displays already?

If you already did, there might be a slug conflict going on. We would love to investigate the issue further. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hi,

Yes we did. I added all info in a secure note.

Thank you for the help!

Hey @Sandberg,

Did you just upgrade to WordPress 6.2? It seems that your site is experiencing a fatal error. We have a known issue with the latest version of the theme and WordPress core 6.2. Our developers are fixing the issue at the moment.

Please provide us with your FTP details.

Thanks.

Hi again,

It automatically updated yes, it’s all working now so you can try again.

Thank you!

Hey @Sandberg,

I can see that you are using the Pro 6.0.1 version. Please have it updated to Pro theme 6.1.10. This is the latest stable version and also supports WordPress 6.2 so you do not have to worry about any fatal errors. Once you have the latest version, we can continue to investigate is the “Posts” label in your breadcrumb is still present.

Best Regards.

Hi again,

Updated now, thank you!

I should probably elaborate, I updated the theme, the breadbcrumb is still the same and has not been updated.

Hello @Sandberg,

This seems weird because I have cloned your site to our local testing server and we could not replicate the issue. Kindly check out the screenshots in the secure note below.

The only difference is that this is my server settings:

Hope this helps.

Hi,

Ok, that’s weird. Do you have any idea what could be causing the issue? We haven’t had this problem on any other sites and we run the same setup.

Hey @Sandberg,

I have cloned the site to my local testing and still no issues. It seems that the issue is on the main site alone. Can you please clone your site in a staging site so that we can investigate further? If you are not yet familiar with staging sites, please check this out:

Thank you.

Hi,

Sure, we are setting one up. What type of access do you need?

Thank you!

Hi @Sandberg,

Please provide us access to your staging site so we can use the staging site to investigate your issue. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link URL to your staging site
– WP staging site login URL
– WP staging site username
– WP staging site password
– WP staging site Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.