Portfolio was broken after last update AGAIN

Im actually pretty annoyed about this. In your 2nd to last update, the portfolio stopped working as it should, so if you click on a thumbnail in the portfolio, it took you to a broken page.

There was a work around, and that was to enable and disable the portfolio, this fixed it.

However, I forgot to do this in the last update (around March 10th) and the portfolio hasn’t been working, until today when I did the work around again.

I have seen a significant decrease in work since the 10th, my portfolio is crucial to how my business works, if people cant see what I do, or get broken pages on the site, they loose trust, and do not purchase.

You really do need to fix this issue, it should have been fixed in the last update, but wasnt…I should have to do a work around every time you update the theme, like this time, I could forget again, and loose countless clients.

:frowning:

Hi @logoglo,

I’m sorry to hear you had some downtime on your portfolio.

Do you recall if the Portfolio was missing in the WordPress dashboard as well, or did the links just stop working on the front end?

Presently I’m not aware of any portfolio specific issues that need to be addressed in the product itself, and without seeing the exact issue it’s hard to know what could have caused it. Any number of things could have caused those links to fail after updating and unfortunately we wouldn’t be able to identify it unless we can see the problem first hand. If you deactivating and reactivated it again, that could have caused the permalinks to refresh or it could have just cleared a cache.

So you have the portfolio index, which was displaying the images fine, but when you click on an image, instead of taking you to the page that is there now, it gave a 404. This was in the last update, and this one…for the last update (ie 2 updates ago) I used this:

Basically, the update turns it off, and you have to go in and manually turn it back on.

Ok, thanks for the additional information. We’ll keep an eye on this and I’ll look for anything else that could be going on. Regretfully, at the moment I don’t have anything conclusive as to why it would disable like that.

Thanks, but trust me the issue is there, it happened 2 updates back, and this last one.

Hey @logoglo,

This usually happens if your custom URL slug in X/Pro > Theme Options > Portfolio is the same as your portfolio page slug. It can lead to a slug conflict. We would be happy to confirm or investigate this issue further. To better assist you with your issue, kindly provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.