Pages in wordpress editor show shortcode cs content and I don't want users to break pro by editing that

Hi ThemeCo

I raised this issue last year and was told there would be a fix but there doesn’t seem to be one. I don’t want clients to edit text in the code that shows in the wordpress editor when a page is built in pro.

Ideally an editor would be able to intuitively click on ‘edit page’ to edit their page but on several of my sites they will see shortcode and text, if they edit the text there and save that will break the pro editor page I think.

Is there a solution to this please, other than adding the code to the functions file?

Hello @pyntolimited,

Thanks for writing to us.

In case if your page has been edited with the Pro builder then you click on the Edit button, the page would look like this. It doesn’t show the Pro builder shortcode on the page content.

If you are not able to see a screen like this please make sure you have the latest version of the theme and WordPress as per our version compatibility page.

Hope it helps
Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.