Pages in wordpress editor show shortcode [cs_content] etc but I only want them editable in pro

Hi X Theme

I am not sure if this has happened as a result of the last update but for the pages i have built in pro I don’t want my client to be able to edit the page in the wordpress blocks editor by mistake as they will mess up the pro page.

Is there a setting that limits editing of pro pages so they can only be edited in pro, or at least so there is a warning as there used to be?

Thanks

Tamsin

PS the site in question is surreybirdclub.org.uk

This is what my client would see if they go to edit a page and it is not until you scroll down you see the edit with pro logo.

Hi Tamsin,

It will only show like that if it was already edited outside of PRO. There is a popup note when you try to edit it outside PRO.

See this: https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cYfjhLa370

Thank you for your response but these pages were not edited outside pro.

To test it I have just created a new page, given it a title and saved, then gone to edit with pro, added a section and an alert and saved. Then when I go to the edit page this is what I see:

Is this what you would expect to happen? It does not seem right to me as a client could easily edit the page outside of pro with no warnings.

Hello Tamsin,

This happens because the latest Pro release does not support WordPress 5.4 yet. To get around this screen, kindly switch your Gutenberg editor to “Code Editor” and you may also unset the fullwidth screen view as shown in the image below:

Our developers were already aware of this conflict with WordPress 5.4. A patch release update cycle will be rolling out anytime soon. Please watch out for it.

Please bear with us.

Ah great. Thank you for explaining. That is fine, I will warn the client about this as there are too many pages for me to go in and change to code view.

Tamsin

You’re always welcome Tamsin!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.