Wordpress editor showing CS shortcode

Hi Theme Co,

This is an old problem as you can see from the ticket shared below. But the fix originally given of adding code to the functions file doesn’t seem to work on this site now. I was told ages ago this would be fixed in new versions and can’t believe I am the only one with this issue.

My clients are seeing shortcode when they go to the edit page and there is a mix of ‘edit with Pro’ and ‘Cornerstone’ mentions which is confusing too.

See previous threads:

I hope you can help, thank you. I have updated to latest wp and also deleted and reinstalled and updated pro.

Tamsin

Hi Tamsin,

It should show the same screen as shown in the reference URL. If you are not seeing that, there might be some different reasons behind your issue. I would like to suggest troubleshooting the following common issue to help us to recognize the reason.

1.Theme Related Issue
2.Plugin Conflict
3.Theme Update related issue
4.Child Theme Related issue
5.CSS/JS Customization
6.Disabling Cache
7.Disabling CDN

If you discover that an issue is coming from a custom code or 3rd party plugin, kindly consult with a developer or contact the plugin author. Please note that we do not provide support for custom codes and 3rd party plugins.
If none of the above helps and you are still getting the issue, please copy your live site to a staging server so we could troubleshoot freely without breaking your live site.
And give us access in the secure note including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

It is not a child theme issue as it remains when I use the main theme. I have deleted and replaced that and turned off plugins. Everything else is up to date.

I notice that both Pro and Cornerstone appear in the left menu and where pages used to say ‘edit with pro’ they now say ‘edit with cornerstone’ which is confusing.

I am trying to create a duplicate site but am encountering errors.

There also seems to be no clear differentiation any more between pages in pro/cornerstone and not. In the page list on other sites I use Pro with they all say ‘edit with Pro’ rather than just the ones which are build in pro.

I hope you can offer some help?

Hello @pyntolimited,

There has been a name change happening when we release the Pro 5.x.x. These changes were discussed in our Monthly Report Status:

**So what is Cornerstone?**

It is a family of builders that includes our Layout Builder, Header Builder, Page Builder, Footer Builder, and Grid Editor. X users must install Cornerstone as a separate plugin and have access to the Page Builder. Pro users have Cornerstone built into the theme and have access to everything.
- https://theme.co/content/status-report-may-14-2021

For more detailed information on why Pro and Cornerstone is now displaying in your dashboard, you can check out this documentation:

How did you duplicate the site? You should be using the Migration documentation to properly migrate those pages created in Cornerstone.

Because if you did duplicate the site manually, then this is why you are seeing those shortcodes in the pages and not the “Edit in Cornerstone” screen.

If you are seeing the shortcodes, chances are that the Cornerstone post metadata has been corrupted in which when you edit this page in Cornerstone, you’ll just be seeing a blank canvas.

When you edit a page or post in Cornerstone Builder, you will identify it by the type displayed next to the date.

Best Regards.

The cause is not the migration as the problem existed before. I have now managed to migrate the site so there is a copy you can look at and try to fix the problem which is not the live site. See secure note below. All plugins are turned off so you can see it is not a plugin causing the issue.

If you go to the home page and edit page of that you will see the shortcode showing. However, if you choose to edit with cornerstone you can, the page is there but when you save and go back to the wp edit page the shortcodes still show. This is not right.

Also in the cornerstone page list all pages look the same, there is no 'type next to the date, I can’t even see that in your screenshot so maybe I am missing something obvious??). There doesn’t seem to be a way to see which pages are already created in cornerstone.

I hope you can help now.

Thank you

Tamsin

Hello Tamsin,

You need to save your changes first before you can test it. I have added a new section on your homepage.

The section is now displaying and that when you edit the page, you will now see this:

Hope this helps.

Thank you. Did the problem resolve just by adding the section and then saving? Or was there something else you did?

Also please can you tell me how to clearly see which pages are built in pro/cornerstone and therefore should be edited that way and those which are just standard wp pages as I need to make this clear and easy for my clients so they don’t go to edit wp pages in cornerstone and replace them with a blank page.

Finally, in the user guides I have provided my clients I have said ‘edit with pro’ as that was the terminology then. I will need to change all of this now to pro/cornerstone. Is one or other of these going to be the chosen terminology going forward? and does this apply to all X and Pro themes as they update?

Thank you for your help.

Tamsin

Thank you

Tamsin

Hey Tamsin,

I’m not sure what my colleague did exactly but if you see a page like that again, you need to go to WP Admin Menu > Cornerstone > Page Builder and search for the page. If the page’s builder data is still intact, it will show up in the search result like shown in the following screenshot.

Similar to the answer above, go to WP Admin Menu > Cornerstone > Page Builder and you’ll see the posts (including pages) you can edit with Cornerstone.

Cornerstone will be the name going forward so I’d recommend you update to “Edit with Cornerstone”. Nothing has changed in X. It’s still “Edit with Cornerstone”.

Hope that helps.

Thank you for getting back to me. When I look at the list in the page builder all of my posts and pages seem to show there. Some of these are not built in pro/cornerstone and therefore selecting them to edit them will wipe out the current content. For example the page ‘Rates’ is built as a normal wp page. You can see the content in the edit page here:

and yet it appears in the page builder list and I can click ‘edit’ and with no warnings of losing content it takes me to a new cornerstone page:

I hope you can help as this is not a safe way for my clients to know how to edit their pages.

Tamsin

Hello Tamsin,

The safer way of editing the pages is by following these steps:
1.) Go to Pages > All Pages.

2.) Select which page to edit and click the “Edit” link below it.

3.) When the page is created in Cornerstone, it should display the “Edit in Cornerstone” button.

4.) If the page is created with the WP Editor (Gutenberg), it will just display the contents right away:

Pages with the CS icon:

By the way, if you want to have an indicator whether the page was created/edited in Cornerstone or not, like the one on the screenshot above, where the CS icon displays next to the page, you can check out this alternative solution provided by another user on this thread:

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.