Menu not working since update

Hi guys the menu hamburger menu is no longer working after updating to the latest version.

the website is https://gelvenor.com

it was a big update from version 3.5 to version 10

I do not see why the menu hamburger would stop working though

Hey Clinton,

I checked your site and it’s using X 3.2.1. To avoid disturbing your website visitors, please copy your live site to a staging environment and do the following in staging.

1. Update X to the latest version
  2. Uninstall X Shortcodes plugin
  3. Install Cornerstone plugin. You can see how to install Cornerstone in X Installation instruction here: https://theme.co/docs/installation-and-validation#x-installing

Also, make sure there is no 3rd party plugin or custom code causing the issue by doing the following:

1. Testing For Plugin Conflict
  2. Css/Js Customization

Only if none of that helps, provide the following info in a Secure Note.

• Staging WordPress Login URL
  • Admin username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thanks.

I have updated the not to reflect the login details for gelvenor.tempurl.host

i have done a plugin conflict test

Hey Clinton,

I’ve previously mentioned to try:

I did that, and the mobile navigation works. You have custom code in the Global CSS and Global JS.

The issue is with your customization of the theme. X without the customization works. Your customization is no longer compatible with the latest version.

Please note that we do not provide support for theme customizations. If you need guidance for customizations, please consider subscribing to our One premium support. Or, upgrade to Pro so you can create a custom header with a working mobile navigation element.

Thanks.

Sorry man. I was not the original developer, so I had to navigate this to try to find out what you were talking about.
I have since figured it out, haven’t been able to get it what is acceptable - not the best but it is good enough

I now have some other random issue - something that wasn’t occuring on the previous versions.

the font is displaying strangely on firefox. the old site gelvenor.com is showing how it should but gelvenor.tempurl.host is not.

it is only on the latest update of X theme

Hi Clinton,

I am not sure if you have any other issues except the FONT or not. The problem with the FONT is an ongoing issue with the latest version of Theme and our development team is already aware of this issue. I will notify them with your thread too, so our development team is aware of multiple reports.

Thanks

Thanks - is there anything that can be done in the interim?

Hi Clinton,

Please update the X theme and Cornerstone to versions 10.0.3 and 7.0.3. It is now available in the automatic updates. The font issue is already resolved in this release version.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

Hi Ruenel

I have done this - the error is still persisting

this is firefox - which is incorrect

Hey Clinton,

I have compared the dev site URL using 3 different browsers on my end and this is what I’ve got.

They all display the same. It could be that you do not have the font installed in your local machine or check the fonts used in your Firefox browser.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

hi man,

This is what it is supposed to look like and what it looks like on Chrome

this is what I need it to look like because this is how it is supposed to look, even the font on the website is incorrect

Hey Clinton,

You’re probably seeing the cached version of the page in Chrome because it’s broken on my end using Chrome.

The solution here is to set the Body and Headings Font Family in Theme Options. You might want to set the Font Weight as well.

Hope that helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.