Lost! lost! lost!

Dont get me wrong, the theme could be excellent however I cannot get even a simple demo site install to work. Has anyone experienced the same thing?

I quite simply want to start fresh with a demo site / template from design cloud and for some reason the install fails without showing any errors

This is increasingly frustrating and wastes lot of time. Can anyone help!!

Hi Sameer,

Thanks for reaching out.

Please try the following possible solutions.

Increasing Php Memory Limit

Also, please contact your web host to configure the server settings mentioned below.

allow_url_fopen = On
upload_max_filesize = 512M
post_max_size = 512M
max_execution_time = 300
max_input_time = 300
max_allowed_packet = 16Mb
innodb_log_file_size = 128mb

Hope that helps and let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

I tried that, it looks better just so it shows a bit more progress, then errors out in the end

Hi Sameer,

To better help you more with your concern, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

my url is

http://chefshailendra.in/wp-admin

username: admin
password:

Hi Sameer,

I have checked your site Design Cloud and found the demos are already installed, so you just need to use it when you are building any content, header, or footer.
I also checked that, by using the Use Template option in the footer, and found the Minimal Studio footer is already available for use.

Please remember that the Design Clouds is a feature where pre-defined ready to use templates are available. Please check the article on how you can use the Design Clouds on your website.

Thanks

i am particularly looking to try various demo site templates and it continually fails.Would you know why?

Hi Sameer,

My colleague is right, you already installed so many design template from the design cloud. Could you explain more on what do you mean it continually fails, providing screenshots is a big help.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

for instance I am looking to install and try out lawyer template. Can you show that it installs on my site?

Hi Sameer,

I have checked and found that the Lawyer template is not installed yet in your site. Please install the demo and if you find any issue while installing it please troubleshoot the common issues with the Design Cloud installation: https://theme.co/docs/design-cloud#troubleshooting
If that does not works, please copy your site to the staging server](https://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-create-staging-environment-for-a-wordpress-site/) so we could troubleshoot freely without breaking your live site.
And give us access in the secure note including:

– WordPress Site URL & Admin URL
– WordPress Admin username / password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

is this a joke? I have tried every trick in the troubleshooting page and have hence flagged none of the suggestions worked.

And the error messages do not say much apart from “Uh Oh” Failed to install Lawyer. Are we in the year 2000 or 2020. What a rip off. How do you guys sleep at night.

Hi Sameer,

As per the support policy, we only offer investigation based on the reported issue. Even we don’t offer any service which allows us to install the demos or anything.

We are really not able to help you to install the demo(s) and find the issue(s), we can only help when you find any specific issues while doing it.

Regarding the staging server, we need that when we found the issue needs more investigation and experiments which may break your live site. We experiment on the live site once confirmed by you.
Hope I am able to explain to you, please confirm if you can provide the staging. If it is live server, I suggest you take a backup before you confirm.

Thanks

Appreciate your help so far.

As you may have figured out, its a live site with no content as yet so feel free to try and experiment to make it work.

I am sure it will help you with your journey and also to those potential customers who would struggle with this in future.

Also to your point, I am not asking you to create fluff out of thin air.

All I am highlighting is that the design cloud install feature is dud. it continually fails for most of the installations without giving out much information.

Again you can argue that it worked for some elements. I am not denying that. I am highlighting that its not working for the elements that I am after.

Hello Sameer,

I just logged in and investigated the issue. When I try to import the demo template, there is a JS error on the console.

Can you please contact your hosting providing and ask them to temporarily disable your ModSecurity? You may need to whitelist Cornerstone-endpoint as well.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.