Integrity | Show category archive description and a custom script

Hello,
I’d like to show full blog posts in the category archive for ‘cbac-observations’ and I would like to include a description at the top of the page.
I’d also like to include a script to display our avalanche forecast warnings…

So that the page would kinda look like this:

[Archive Title]
[]

Then the descending list of posts in category ‘cbac-observtions’.

How do I do this?

I have tried to use your dynamic post options but I can not force them to show in “full”.

Hi @Rob_Strickland,

Thanks for reaching out.
It is not clear what you are trying to acheive. I would suggest you use the Layout Builder to build the layout along with all the essential content and assign it to the Archive Page
I would suggest you go through the following article and videos, which may help you with this.

Thanks

Thank you.
I am very familiar with the layout builder but there is no option, that I can see, to show full posts (images and description in full), as compared to the title, excerpt, image.
Can I force to show
Full Posts?
Hope this is more clear (smile).
Thanks
Rob

Hello @Rob_Strickland,

In case if you want to display the “the_content()” function(Full content of the post) on the archive page, regretfully there is no option at the moment. It would require custom development I would suggest you contact a developer who can assist you with your concern or you can avail of our service called One where customization questions are answered. Please note we don’t provide custom development support. It is out of the support scope.

Alternatively in case if you have an idea about coding please have a look at this thread for reference.

To display the full-size featured image you can use the dynamic content code please have a look at this thread to learn more about how to select image size through dynamic content code.

Thanks for understanding

Thanks… seems strange that the native display by archive is full posts, yet none of the templates allow this function without custom coding?
SO, what about creating a new page template? I could copy a template from the theme to the child. This way I am only modifying the default/existing archive page template. Then I can make modifications to that child template. What is the template for integrity category archive called and where is it located?

TIA,
Rob

1 Like

Hi Rob,

There is the The Content element, have you tried that one? that should output the entire content of your post.

Thanks,

I have not seen that. Thanks for the idea. Where do I find that?
I tried to search for ‘content’ and all that came up was Raw Content… and a search for ‘the’ content only shows the ‘the title’ and ‘the excerpt’

TIA, Rob

Hello @Rob_Strickland,

The “The Content” dynamic element is only available when you are creating a custom single layout.

If you are using the Page Builder or creating an archive layout, it is not available.

Best Regards.

Well, thanks.
What is the archive template called? I’d like to copy it from the theme to the child and modify it.
Cheers,
Rob

Hi Rob,

The Archive Template is a type of template that can be found in the Layout Builder which can be assigned to the Archive pages like Blog, Shop, Category, etc.

Thanks

Thank you… I mean the php file.
It has been established that the front end tools like page builders do not do what I want, display full posts in the archive.
So I want to modify the php template.
Thanks

Hi Rob,

It seems that you are trying to override the Archive page in your child theme. I would suggest you go through the following article which may be helpful to you.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Thanks… so is there not already a template in PRO for archives? I would imagine there is one… I’m just not sure what it’s called or what directory it’s in. Can anyone pls provide that?
Thanks,
Rob

Hi Rob,

There are predefined templates in the theme, but we don’t support any customization on that in the child theme. I would suggest you go through the following thread, which may help you.

Please remember that giving support on customization is beyond the scope of theme support, I would suggest you can avail of our newly launched service called One, where we answer the questions beyond normal theme support.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.